Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tell you what is different from 2000 to 2022 is Google earth. I can pull it up before I head out and basically find lots and lots of lightly used trails. I have an app on my phone that tracks my ride and when I get home, I can overlay my track on Google earth. I have used this to find and ride some incredible 100 year old trails that I would never have found just riding the forest…..last week I did a 100 mile ride on some amazing old trails……awesome fun 😀

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
My Dad raced flat track till he was 74. The last years were antique board track bikes. He lived to 91. Enjoy it.
He started racing in 1949 when he got back from WWII.

1925 Indian big valve factory racer.

View attachment 357526 View attachment 357527 View attachment 357528
Good stuff, as I have said before, I know several racers in their 70s. One of them is 76 or 77. He still hauls ass. Malcom Smith is 81, still rides. Chuck “Feet’s” Minert, the famous factory BSA racer and legendary Catalina winner, raced until he was 83, and pretty much every weekend…

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
……haven’t hurt myself…..yet 😉

View attachment 357490
You're not riding hard enough. :cool:
Enjoy your new purchase!
Last year I went riding with a buddy of mine who lent me one of his bikes for the day. First time I'd been on a dirt bike in damn near 30 years! I had an old KX250 for the day and first thing I did was duffed it lol! washed out on a root and endo'd shoulder first. Pain didn't go away for about 6 months but it was worth it!!!

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ain't a damn thing wrong with getting a dirt bike, even at an older age, you don't HAVE to ride balls out, you CAN ride slower, and enjoy the freedom.
Get a stinky, oily 2 stroke, and piss off the liberals at the same time....
HAVE FUN...

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m riding way quicker than I thought I would…..came across a bunch of guys trail riding last weekend and blew by them…..not sure if that is a good thing…..I have plenty of 49 year old padding but that ground hasn’t got any softer…..;)

7am Sunday here and I’m heading out to finish of my first back tire since I started riding again…..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts