Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I remember reading about a product or an article on being able to turn on the battery switch on your race car after you're all strapped in and realize you left it off.

Does anybody have a link to it? I'm trying to find what components to use.

Thanks,

Marc.

·
T/S 368E
33,878 Posts

Is it like a relay, that you can control main power, but still leave the safety cut off on??
The rear safety cut off still has to be wired correctly for tech & your safety.

·
Drunk and Disorderly
2,251 Posts
I have a "holley Fuck" switch in my car. The rear on off switch works normally, but I can also kill all the power fro theswitch inside the car. I usually leave the switch on the back on all the time at the race track and just use the "holly fuck " switch. It is a toggle mounted right beside my shifter. It's pretty handy if you get out of shape and see the wall coming at you, if you have time to say "holly fuck" you should have time to hit the switch.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's pretty handy if you get out of shape and see the wall coming at you, if you have time to say "holly fuck" you should have time to hit the switch.
LOL I hear ya... For me it's more like "God damnit!! I have to take these fuckin' belts off, got out and go turn the power on!!" Why is there never anyone around in those times??? LOL

·
T/S 368E
33,878 Posts

Sounds like a good idea, but I already have 2 cables for the dual chutes & 2 cables for the dual fire system.
That's all I need is a face full of halon trying to turn the car on. I have always liked the relay set up,
or the OH SHIT button as some call it.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Actually, if the firesystem goes off there is a kit to launch the chute and shut the car off too!

Another cable isn't too bad. Alot easier than get back out of the car, again!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a push/pull switch on the rear panel of my car, with the switch itself mounted to the cage in the trunk. We modified a piece of aluminum to the switch and ran a cable from there to the inside of the car and connected it to the Funnycar cage. Works slick. If you need more info about what cables to use, or switch-contact Wizard Racing Rod and Custom in Woodland, CA., or look up "NoAir" on YB member list.

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
My dragster has a cable hooked up in the cockpit that goes to the switch, as well as a push pull handle in back.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,065 Posts
I can understand someone wanting to be able to kill the electric from inside the car in case something went really wrong.

Why would you need to turn-on the switch from inside the car? I never turn mine off. It's on from the time I start to the time I put it back in the trailer.............

·
T/S 368E
33,878 Posts

I can't race alone, so no real need. I still like the relay style, always have.

I never turn my back on a car with the power on. Pit's, staging, going to bathroom ect.
When racing, get out, turn off data recorder, turn off car, pick up chutes.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Check out the link below. I got # 30205 remote master disconnect with Emergency button.
Works great. Got it cuz I seen to many cars burn up when shit went wrong (especially at the start line) and no one hit the E-stop on the car.
Anything goes wrong I just hit the botton and everything is off. I still have the shutoff at the back per rules. One wire runs up to the switch to ground the circuit
when its on so there is no voltage being feed to the switch.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/assets/08Catalog/page60.pdf

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check out the link below. I got # 30205 remote master disconnect with Emergency button.
Works great. Got it cuz I seen to many cars burn up when shit went wrong (especially at the start line) and no one hit the E-stop on the car.
Anything goes wrong I just hit the botton and everything is off. I still have the shutoff at the back per rules. One wire runs up to the switch to ground the circuit

Thanks for the info. Although that will not work for what I'm thinking... It has the gears turning in my head ;)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

thats exactly whats going in my car. I lost my last car to a throttle cable hang up. Ill be dammed if thats gonna happen again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts