Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know that race season is upon us and that some of you will be buying new batteries for your race cars. I just wanted to let you know to avoid any of the older TURBOSTART batteries that were produced by Axion. These are the 16V batteries with a checkered flag on the front of them. This logo can be found on the front of the S16V and the S16VL. These batteries are old Axion inventory and have been sitting around for almost 2yrs. They have no warranty thru us and we will not stand behind these products since we did not produce them. For current inventory check out the batteries at the new www.turbostart.com.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Unfortunately I bought 2 of those Turbo Start light weight batteries and they were junk. Won hold a charge and they wont crank my car. Too bad you wont make good on them since I got 4 cars with 16 volt systems. I got 3 left out of 6. I wont be buying any more batteries from Turbo Start after these die.
A good company would keep a valued customer happy in order for them to stay loyal.

·
Bastardization Engineer
3,614 Posts
Unfortunately I bought 2 of those Turbo Start light weight batteries and they were junk. Won hold a charge and they wont crank my car. Too bad you wont make good on them since I got 4 cars with 16 volt systems. I got 3 left out of 6. I wont be buying any more batteries from Turbo Start after these die.
A good company would keep a valued customer happy in order for them to stay loyal.
If they are the older ones they didn't produce why would they?

·
Registered
32 Posts
dont even listen to this jack-ali-ass! :rolleyes: only thing he knows how to do is bash everyone he did business with its his M.O CMAFR:

·
Registered
195 Posts
If they are the older ones they didn't produce why would they?
It's part of absorbing a brand name. You inherit past issues, claims and everything else that goes along with it. I dont know the details, I'm in a similar business though. I'm assuming they purchased or absorbed the Turbo Start name ? I really dont know, and I'm not trying to be a dick. But taking over a brand (if thats the case here) means the good and the bad comes with it. You get the brand recognition, name and marketing they've achieved over the years, and it would probably be a good practice (even if you're not obligated to) to make good.

I would imagine the older batteries are out of warranty, I dont know. But imagine buying a Samsung TV that stopped working, and Samsung says they wont make good on a warranty because while you had it the company was bought and the new company didn't manufacture that particular TV. You'd be pissed.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
It's part of absorbing a brand name. You inherit past issues, claims and everything else that goes along with it. I dont know the details, I'm in a similar business though. I'm assuming they purchased or absorbed the Turbo Start name ? I really dont know, and I'm not trying to be a dick. But taking over a brand (if thats the case here) means the good and the bad comes with it. You get the brand recognition, name and marketing they've achieved over the years, and it would probably be a good practice (even if you're not obligated to) to make good.

I would imagine the older batteries are out of warranty, I dont know. But imagine buying a Samsung TV that stopped working, and Samsung says they wont make good on a warranty because while you had it the company was bought and the new company didn't manufacture that particular TV. You'd be pissed.

Exactly!
Good news travels fast and bad news travels faster. One unhappy customer tells 10 racers, those 10 customers tell 100 potential customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts