Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw these debuted at SEMA, does anyone have any more information on them?

Things like what systems its going to be able to work with?

Will it need a pressure line ran to it for to account for pressure or will it tie into the MAP sensor?

Will it have the ability to read back pressure and tie into the data log?

Price point?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be a game changer for sure. Hopefully I can break away from my booth long enough at PRI to get over and talk to them about it.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
They also completely reengineered their conventional WGs and BOVs about a year or so ago and they both are offered with position sensing which could also be used for closed loop control using air/CO2 with the sensor providing feedback to the loop. I have a set of each for the new shop car, very nice pieces.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I'm curious what took so long for a unit like this to be developed?
having the unit is one thing, being able to control it is another thing... reports are it requires very high current to drive it,

then people need to work out how to control the valve position vs boost etc... big learning curves ahead...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm curious how you can control 2 at once for a twin setup like I've got. I'm on a blow thru setup it seems like your not going to be able to use it with a leash and you're going to need Holley/HALTECH/etc software.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'm curious how expensive they're going to end up being? I have to think they're going to be really expensive, which would keep the average turbo guy from switching over. Cool product if you're starting from scratch though.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I'm curious how expensive they're going to end up being? I have to think they're going to be really expensive, which would keep the average turbo guy from switching over. Cool product if you're starting from scratch though.
Sure people seem to pay thousands for some boost controllers, that also require co2 bottles, multiple solenoids etc and still need mechanical gates on top of that.

So an electric gate/gates you simply control with your ecu, overall couldnt really be that much more expensive ?

Although it probably could lol

And reliability....

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
2,772 Posts
having the unit is one thing, being able to control it is another thing... reports are it requires very high current to drive it,

then people need to work out how to control the valve position vs boost etc... big learning curves ahead...

True. Driving it is probably a good size load. I just think how long egr valves and such has been on the road and surprised this is the "first" thats hitting the market.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
True. Driving it is probably a good size load. I just think how long egr valves and such has been on the road and surprised this is the "first" thats hitting the market.
I'm hearing 20amps, so a solid state relay will be required to control it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Saw these debuted at SEMA, does anyone have any more information on them?

Things like what systems its going to be able to?
All key ECU manufacturers have already been in contact for relevant specs to support them including Haltech, Fueltech, Holley, etc.
Emtron and Syvecs have already publicly announced native support and ability to control them. Turbosmart will also be releasing an “integrator” black box for backward compatibility next year

·
Registered
193 Posts
Will it need a pressure line ran to it for to account for pressure or will it tie into the MAP sensor?

Will it have the ability to read back pressure and tie into the data log?

Price point?
no lines required as the ECU controls it. Valve position feedback is incorporated into the gate

1 - 20 of 34 Posts