Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Head Phuckstick in Charge
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Jay Payne:

Jay Payne said:
"We spent half the season messing around with a turbo car and now we're back to the blown car," said Payne, a past world champion in the category. "The blower car is part of our grass roots, and it's a lot more fun to drive. It's a real Pro Mod car.

"I'm not sure if it's a car capable of winning, but it's capable of going a few rounds and doing well."
Interesting.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Well I think it may be that he just wasn't comfortable in one but to say they're not a real Pro Mod is pure crazy because they sure won a few races this year and with the right driver they would have won a lot more.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
I don't give a phuck what Jay Payne says about Pro Mod. He's alcohol funny. Scotty Cannon is OG Pro Mod. Jay didn't make it work. Drag racing evolves. Don't put down new technology.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I don't give a phuck what Jay Payne says about Pro Mod. He's alcohol funny. Scotty Cannon is OG Pro Mod. Jay didn't make it work. Drag racing evolves. Don't put down new technology.
Something like that. He also never ran anything other than NHRA pro mod events. He probably thinks Pro Mod racing doesn't or never existed elsewhere Like the Old IHRA, and Super Chevy.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Maybe he's just pissed that they couldn't get it to work.... We were in Vegas for a tnt and they were there testing. Out of 5 passes, he only got past the 60' once. Then he smoked the tires.

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
when and where did Jay say this? Kinda hard to believe becuase he's a pretty successful businessman. Sometimes people are reluctant to change due to lack of knowledge. Coughlin did the same thing 3-4 years ago and look what he's driving now.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
when and where did Jay say this? Kinda hard to believe becuase he's a pretty successful businessman. Sometimes people are reluctant to change due to lack of knowledge. Coughlin did the same thing 3-4 years ago and look what he's driving now.
i watched them at atco years ago 2 days in a row.
He'd ask steve petty what he thought.
Petty would put a tune in, than some other guy would go and touch shit.
I remeber they launched, blew the tires off and backed it up (common practice in testing) petty pulls out the lap top and goes....
"what the fuck is this shit, i didnt put this in here"

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Correct answer!

·
Head Phuckstick in Charge
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
change is coming nitrous guys didnt like cannon when he won all the time its just a matter of time before some one gets a handle on a turbo pm then they will be madd again

crew cheif 41 willys turbo promod

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I think what he means is the blower cars look and sound like pro mod... Turbo cars are bad ass everyone knows that, but just to sit at an NHRA race when the fans hear more blower cars start up they go running back to there seats.. You can't even hear a turbo car start..
I also agree blower cars just fit the stereo type of Pro Mod..

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,415 Posts
Alot of people don't consider anything but N/a to be "real" horsepower. Some people are just stuck on what they know, which is fine, but don't put down other ways of doing it.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I think what he means is the blower cars look and sound like pro mod... Turbo cars are bad ass everyone knows that, but just to sit at an NHRA race when the fans hear more blower cars start up they go running back to there seats.. You can't even hear a turbo car start..
I also agree blower cars just fit the stereo type of Pro Mod..
I agree with this. I am sure that is being taken out of context.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Alot of people don't consider anything but N/a to be "real" horsepower. Some people are just stuck on what they know, which is fine, but don't put down other ways of doing it.
I don't think he means it doesn't make "REAL" HP.. I mean clearly going 250mph at 2700lbs it makes some steam.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Power is Power, no matter how you make it!

Sometimes you just have to be smarter than the engine components you work with!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This is normal. When someone tries somthing new out and it doesnt work for them it sucks lol Technology evolves and some people just cant move on with it. Its really shocks me more people havnt went to turbo. Considering after 3-5 passes with a blower car your tearing that bi#@ apart fixing everything. Dont get me wrong they make a shit load of power and are resticted alot, but there is alot more maintence with them over a turbo car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
This is normal. When someone tries somthing new out and it doesnt work for them it sucks lol Technology evolves and some people just cant move on with it. Its really shocks me more people havnt went to turbo. Considering after 3-5 passes with a blower car your tearing that bi#@ apart fixing everything. Dont get me wrong they make a shit load of power and are resticted alot, but there is alot more maintence with them over a turbo car.
Tearing it apart after 3-5 passes? Have you ever worked on one? I will check the bearings on ours every couple runs but apart from that, unless something comes apart theres no tearing everything apart. I've worked on both turbo cars and blower cars and enjoy them both, but the Screw Blown BAE motors have taken my top spot. We run the valves after every run and might have to change a belt every 2-3 passes but thats simple shit. As for what Jay said, sounds like they just couldnt get the turbo deal figured out so they are doing the logical thing and going back to what they know. Just wish someone could get ahold of that car/combo with Brad backing it that knows what they are doing.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts