Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
Is that the one Hutch always speaks very highly of?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that the one Hutch always speaks very highly of?
One and the same!

I agree with Hutch, I dunno who coined the term "TurboGlide" for a 2 speed TH400 but I don't call them that.
I was at one of my core/hard parts suppliers and they have this POS sitting in the counter area. I figured it would be worth a laugh.

·
Registered
21,581 Posts
Would you guys take a moment aside from laughing at your own inside jokes an 'xplain this to me?

My recollection of a "Turboglide" (registered GM trademark, etc) was an early, poor, discontinued transmission

I thought they were a 3 speed?

·
Registered
21,581 Posts
I just lost a long time friend, an electrical / electronics engineer. He and I both grew up with P glides were crap. In fact, the first one I had was a 57 Chev, 1966, cast iron. It lasted one summer, LOL

I had a VERY difficult time 'xplaining to him not long before he left us that "you guys" are putting hundreds of HP through the things, nowadays, LOL

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just lost a long time friend, an electrical / electronics engineer. He and I both grew up with P glides were crap. In fact, the first one I had was a 57 Chev, 1966, cast iron. It lasted one summer, LOL

I had a VERY difficult time 'xplaining to him not long before he left us that "you guys" are putting hundreds of HP through the things, nowadays, LOL
It IS amazing what the racer and aftermarket has done with the Powerglide.
50+ YR old design that now sees 3000+ HP and can be built from all new aftermarket parts.

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
One and the same!

I agree with Hutch, I dunno who coined the term "TurboGlide" for a 2 speed TH400 but I don't call them that.
I was at one of my core/hard parts suppliers and they have this POS sitting in the counter area. I figured it would be worth a laugh.
Probably someone that thought they were much more clever than they really are. All they did was give the experts a phrase that stirs up resentment immediately upon hearing it.

What goes through your head when someone says "I want you to build me a turboglide Hutch!"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts