Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IS IT OR WHY IS IT THAT A TURBO CAR CAN RUN A FASTER MPH THAN A NITROUS CAR WITH THE SAME ET????????????????

·
they call me pinky
2,503 Posts
Because the turbo cars don't normally have the same 60 foot as a nitrous car, but will bring in boost as it goes down the track, thus picking up mph

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
The nitrous car more than likely has better front half numbers than the turbo car. Turbo car makes it up with better back half numbers. Same ET, but a MPH difference.

·
Registered
777 Posts
It's all about the horsepower. The nitrous car will generally leave harder than the turbo car, but the turbo will out run the nitrous car on the back half of the track. The nitrous car is quicker to half track but the turbo car is much quicker on the last half of the track, hence the higher MPH. With all of the tecnology in turbo cars today they are front halving with the nitrous cars. This is why the trubo's are generally faster all together than the nitrous car.

·
11,809 Posts
Keep in mind MPH is calculated as an average of speed of last 60 ft of run....so turbo cars are pulling harder thru the back hence bigger mph #'s. Et's still win races and thats where turbo's have lots of work to do.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SO I'LL MOVE TO THIS QUESTION. ITS SAID THAT NITROUS IS QUICK ANDF CHEAP HP. CONCIDERING THE MONEY YOU SPEND ON NITROUS REFILLS AND HIGHER PRICED FUEL. WHAT WOULD IT COST UP FRONT TO DO A TURBO OR PRO CHARGER SETUP?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
SO I'LL MOVE TO THIS QUESTION. ITS SAID THAT NITROUS IS QUICK ANDF CHEAP HP. CONCIDERING THE MONEY YOU SPEND ON NITROUS REFILLS AND HIGHER PRICED FUEL. WHAT WOULD IT COST UP FRONT TO DO A TURBO OR PRO CHARGER SETUP?
100k and your marrriage ;)

·
KBX Performance
1,686 Posts
depends. How fast you want to go?:) Besides that changing jets and checking plugs all the time on a nitrous setup is overrated lol.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Its because turbo cars usually have to weigh 300-500lbs more than n2o. There goes the 60ft but they make up for it with mph.
This is the correct answer. All the other are false.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts