Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been a best of [email protected] with a horrible 60' before this weekend. Just like tons of other guys, I had a car that had been lowered with stock mounting holes for the control arms and it did not want to 60' very well. Call TRZ and I ordered the body side adjustable control arm mounts and the rear end side lower control arms mounts to be able to make instant center/anti squat adjustments. I have not installed the upper mounts, but did install the lowers and went back to the track. The car had a instant center length of 41.54'' and anti squat of 97.49% before. After only being able to install the rear adjustable control arm mounts I had to run them uphill to the body side in order to be able to get a short IC and more antisquat. Those positions gave me antisquat of 150% and instant center length of 37.23''.

The first two passes on this set-up netted bests for the car of 1.31 and 1.28 in 60' but both spun around 100'. The track wasn't that great and it also seems like the power/boost comes in all at once when I have to leave on that low of a boost level. I left the line at 6 and 6.5 lbs of boost for those two runs.

Car has:

-QA1 single adjustable front shocks and one turn from full tight

-Strange double adjustable rears at 2 on extension and 5 on compression from full loose.

-x275 pro on 12 inch wheel

-16 psi in tires

-3.23 gear I believe (car should go 190+ mph in the 1/4 and 3.23 lets me do that at reasonable rpms)

-Makes 1380 rwhp on my dyno

Here is the videos in order 1.31, 1.28:

http://vid58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/black98ws6/IMG_0094_zps2eb6defd.mp4

http://vid58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/black98ws6/IMG_0094_zps2eb6defd.mp4

It looks to me as if the rear shocks could be tightened on the compression to keep the rear end from bouncing right back up after the initial hit.

The second thing I have concerns about it that if I am going to have to leave on this low of a boost level I can not get it to mechanically build boost fast enough to accelerate as quickly as I would like. Should I retard timing and raise the boost so it is the same power level and then ramp both back in? It just seems that when I leave on 6 psi it lugs on the converter while climbing slowly, then when it is all in at the 70-80-90 foot mark it comes on strong and would knock the tires off of it on a marginal track. Opinions?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I'm not a fox body guy, but I can see where shortening that I/C up will lose some down track bite. I think I'd try to project your I/c back out and keep the anti squat value high, then re-test. I know it's not apples to apples, but I don't like short torque arms on F bodies for the same reason. I also have a friend with a SN95 that had to French his upper control arms into his housing to get his I/C long enough to work. He was trying to keep his legal for X275, so he couldn't move his body side mounting point.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts