Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
i hope somebody takes over the turbostart part of the company......i just converted to 16V and it would suck not being able to get another batt if i needed it... :cry:

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Guess it wasn't a link.

INTRO PRICING $179.95 (Limited Time Offer)
Order Now ! This is Intro Pricing ! This is the Latest in Battery Technology. These are Maint. Free and have 100 more Cranking Amps than the Red Batteries and More Reserve. These are the #1 Choice in Pro-Stock and Super Stock ! Stop wasting time with 12 volt batteries that are in the dead zone by the time you get to the tree. Existing 16 Volt chargers are easily recalibrated for these new AGM Batteries.

Call for details

Visa/ MC Accepted.

Performance Electrical Components Inc
Brownsburg, Indiana
317-403-9695
Ask for Chuck
HE HAS THEM IF YOU WANT TO PAY THE PRICE ???????

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have source that is sending me 6 of them next week. The company I'm dealing with bought out all the inventory Turbo Start had. They are sifting through everything and trying to get set-up to start making batteries
I was contacted when the new castle deal went down. I'll try to keep you up to date on any new developments.
If anyone should need a battery or two, please contact me.
Sparky
www.wiresandpliers.com

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
That 18 volt deal is an add-on to your existing battery from my understanding.... it's for your ignition system only. Still need the heavy one for cranking the engine. ????

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Great, Just great. Is there anyone else who makes 16V batts? Now I am screwed, I have waited to buy two because I didn't want them sitting around while I was finishing the car. Shit!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ours went for a shit over the winter, was brand at start of 04 season, good thing we got a replacemet back in May to start this season off with. I have heard that Optima has a 16v battery in the works.

·
Administrator
136,624 Posts
Question about them batteries.. can they be reconditioned? If so who can do it? I left the fan on my car for a few hours at the track one day and it killed the battery!! It never took a charge again like it used to. Is there anything I can do with it besides tossing it???

·
Registered
613 Posts
Monty, are you talking about the AGM type batteries? If so, I don't think there is much that can be done to recondition them, or at least I haven't heard of anyway. But I might be misspoken.

Another don't with the AGM battery is not to leave it out in the cold winter weather, this will definitely hurt the battery and it won't hold a charge for more then a day.

If it’s an old acid type, you may want to drain the battery and refill with fresh acid, this I know will usually bring them back around.

The other point I would like to make about batteries in a racecar environment is. Most battery manufactures will tell you to replace a battery after about a year of use. This is due to the car launching, shaking etc. This will usually knock lead pieces off the plates and build up in the bottom of the battery, once this build up starts touching the plates (and it will). It internally shorts the battery, hence, not holding a charge.

Ok enough battery 101 LOL
Sparky

·
Registered
613 Posts
A bit of information about battery chargers and the AGM battery. It is best to stick with the Turbo Start battery charger. We have tried to use the Moroso type that supports both 12 & 16 volt batteries. Even with this charger modified for AGM type batteries, we lost a brand new set of Turbo Start AGM's in about 2 months.

Just as a FYI.

Ok, now I'm done (lol)

·
Administrator
136,624 Posts
Thanks Sparky.. it is a AGM series battery. I bought the thing new last year (about March time) and had a new Turbo Start charger shipped with it. Ever since the battery died it would not make a full pass without killing the battery. I charged it a few times to see if maybe cycling it would help but it didnt....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts