Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am runnung a SBF turbo setup...I currently have a 91mm turbo my motor is a 400 ci I was thinking of going bigger..It has a 1.00 ar housing... What kind of power can i expect out of this on c-16??? thanaks for any help

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I am runnung a SBF turbo setup...I currently have a 91mm turbo my motor is a 400 ci I was thinking of going bigger..It has a 1.00 ar housing... What kind of power can i expect out of this on c-16??? thanaks for any help
A 400" engine is a little big for a 91mm. It will run into back pressure problems in the upper rpm range. It will be much happier with a 98-106mm.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
331cobra said:
A 400" engine is a little big for a 91mm. It will run into back pressure problems in the upper rpm range.
Depends on the turbine wheel...If it has a "G-flow" wheel, it shouldn't have any more backpressure than a larger unit.

"F2"... what are you doing with the car and what is the supporting cast on that 400" motor? An 1/8 mile car with Highports may want something different than a 1/4 mile car with C3's or SC1's.

I think a 400 with a 91mm could be a wicked combination...but as John said, it could be very happy with a larger unit too. It depends on what you're doing with the whole car.

In the very least, I would expect you will change your screenname to Turbo=Horsepower.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
I recommend giving that turbo a try!
It will support nearly 1500hp. You can try a 1.32 A/R turbine housing too...it might help your combo, might not. See how it does for now.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
We had a 91mm on 355 it ran mid 8's @ 3550#.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard the rumor that head flow is not the most important thing on a boost car is that true or??? my heads only flow right at 300 there the john kazze canted valve heads...another thing would 1 3/4 headers do what I need or would you guys suggest bigger??

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Head flow is important. After make a head change, bigger cfm, we were able to go the same et and speed but it took 7 psi less boost to do it.

HEADERS:
We offer several do it yourself kits.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was hoping someone would just make a good header that would clear a motor mount....I can do the rest just not enough time to build it all...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Keep in mind NMRA SSO cars are running in the high 7.3x's with the 91mm.
There is one NMRA SSO car (Halfacre) that has gone that fast and that is with years of testing and tuning just that one combination. There are VERY few people who have been that devoted to one combination/class. I think the norm for that turbo would be higher 7's.

- Brian

·
Registered
418 Posts
427 turbo

My combo is almost the same, mine is a 427, 91mm- 1.00 housing, highports, 90 model coupe mini tubbed 29.5x10.5 slicks on 12" wheel with a 3.90 gear. The problem I am having is wheelies, I leave at 8.5lbs and at .75 of asecond the boost comes on and picks the front end up like its filled with helium. If I lower the boost it won't 60'. My ecm has a clitch in the nos map so I can't build a timing map. the front end is limited to only 1.5" of travel and the struts are slowed way down. the last pass friday it took out the ring and pinion.

What gear to I need to get now, I was thinking of a 3.50. I will be racing at 3100lbs. 1/8 mile only. can't run wheelie bars either. If you guys could help I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Originally Posted by gasguzzler
There is one NMRA SSO car (Halfacre) that has gone that fast and that is with years of testing and tuning just that one combination. There are VERY few people who have been that devoted to one combination/class. I think the norm for that turbo would be higher 7's.

- Brian

Yea with nitrous!!!!!:smt067:rolleyes:

i don t think so
there s more to it then that
buy the way there are a couple of 360 / 91.5 set up in nmra sso running 7.50
manny, s did . 1/2ers some other also

1 - 20 of 22 Posts