Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to put together a 4.6L DOHC turbo motor to go in my 93 Coupe.
Im trying to figure the best turbo selection for my build. This will be mainly a street car, but will deffinitly see the track from time to time.
Here is what I have been concidering.
A: A pair of GT35Rs
B: GT42-76
C: PT-88

Any opinions or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

CraigS

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
S480 Borg warner is a nice turbo that will make some redonkulous power. the s400 borg warner with a race cover and the smallist t4 hotside and wheel will blow your socks off. You will need a 44mm wastgate to keep it from being a power restriction and prevent boost creep.

If you want one hit me Via PM I am a Bullseye Power Dealer and I know exactly what to order for ya.

This turbo is more then capable of going mid to high 8's.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im only looking to use a Precision or Garrett turbo. I have a hook up on Precision turbos, and know I will get great service

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Go with B, or might want to consider the GT45 variant as well in a 78mm or 80mm range. That will put you between the GT42-76 and PT88 in the spool and power range.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
How much power are you after? What are you going to be doing with the car?? What transmission are you running? I think these questions need to be answered before choosing a turbo.

From experience, streetcar guys who go with something a little smaller than usual were the happiest. The right turbo will make very usable power.

·
Registered
429 Posts
How much power are you after? What are you going to be doing with the car?? What transmission are you running? I think these questions need to be answered before choosing a turbo.

From experience, streetcar guys who go with something a little smaller than usual were the happiest. The right turbo will make very usable power.
Great advice and questions :supz:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I would like to make 800RWHP. This is a street car (Mainly) Probably going to use a Lentech AOD

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have talked myself into the GT42-76 with the stainless exhaust housing.
I called Precision, and they recommended either a pair of 62mm or the GT42-76.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Depending on the dyno you use making 800hp could be a real challenege.

As to the AOD. run a 4r70w or AODE. it is not rocket scinece to build those transmissions to hold the power your after.

I think I have talked myself into the GT42-76 with the stainless exhaust housing.
I called Precision, and they recommended either a pair of 62mm or the GT42-76.

·
Registered
469 Posts
dohc ford turbo

CraigS

You should talk to John Kolivas - NMRA racer. HE races a modular engine turbo and has dipped in the 7's (on radilas) with one. I know he has plenty of turbo experience and in particular with that engine...

He is a good guy, and Im sure will give you some tips...

Just do a google as he has his own web page...and tell him pistol sent you...

Regards
PEte.

·
Registered
614 Posts
CraigS

You should talk to John Kolivas - NMRA racer. HE races a modular engine turbo and has dipped in the 7's (on radilas) with one. I know he has plenty of turbo experience and in particular with that engine...

He is a good guy, and Im sure will give you some tips...

Just do a google as he has his own web page...and tell him pistol sent you...

Regards
PEte.

Or Bridge racing, not 100% but think they do Koliva's new motor and were the first in the 7's on dr's with a modular. Koliva's is also very helpful, but this is his first year with a modular.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Or Bridge racing, not 100% but think they do Koliva's new motor and were the first in the 7's on dr's with a modular. Koliva's is also very helpful, but this is his first year with a modular.
Bennett bulit John's motor and it is a 5.4 based deal.
I am not sure but I thought Bridge was in the 7s first.
Props to both teams, I love both cars!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Bennett bulit John's motor and it is a 5.4 based deal.
I am not sure but I thought Bridge was in the 7s first.
Props to both teams, I love both cars!
Cool, I heard somewhere Bridge did some work on it. Anyhow, they(Bridge racing) were the first with a mod motor, and it happened to be a 4.6l with factory bore and stroke :) They did it on a mt drag radial though not a bfg, which is a whole other animal.

Im leaning toward a modular myself.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
gt42-76 would be a great choics for a mod motor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts