Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have pics of a turbo sbc mustang? i was going to run nitrous but now a days turbo is the way to go. i am planning on using the ss autochrome headers. i saw the thread with quick 79 how hw used them and its worth trying. last question is what is a good size turbo for a sbc 406.thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
does anyone have pics of a turbo sbc mustang? i was going to run nitrous but now a days turbo is the way to go. i am planning on using the ss autochrome headers. i saw the thread with quick 79 how hw used them and its worth trying. last question is what is a good size turbo for a sbc 406.thanks
Depends on the power level. You could run a 60mm or a 106mm depends how all out your combo is. If you're trying to make descent power with a single turbo I would think something in the 100mm range.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
A good size and good spool would be something in the 91-94mm range.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I will let you know in 2 weeks, mine should be done....88mm on a SBC here. You could pick up a BW S series for cheap and fly with it!!!

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
At least an 80mm, depends on how much hp you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts