Yellow Bullet Forums banner

821 - 840 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Loved reading the build Terry. That car is bad ass for sure and is right up there as one of my favorites. That is the best color out there for those cars. Be happy to trade you for my notch. Trying to get my new engine done for next season so I can hang with the second tier of cars at CATC and SRD.
Rick

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
Loved reading the build Terry. That car is bad ass for sure and is right up there as one of my favorites. That is the best color out there for those cars. Be happy to trade you for my notch. Trying to get my new engine done for next season so I can hang with the second tier of cars at CATC and SRD.
Rick
Thanks! Your car was looking killer too, you were right there with Cam. Already looking forward to next year!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Me too. Sucks that it's 8 months away. We are supposed to get between 3-12" of the white shit starting in the morning already.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #824
Me too. Sucks that it's 8 months away. We are supposed to get between 3-12" of the white shit starting in the morning already.
Haha yeah we're trying to get out of here before it hits us. Headed to Cedar falls and Cordova this weekend. If all goes well all that shit will be gone by the time we get back :)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
Well season is over for us, we made it out of town just as the snow was starting. We went down to cedar falls for the Midway Shootout and took the win in small tire. It was 35 degrees when we got there and we could barely get the car started. The track was prepped decent but very cold and very low car counts kept any heat out of the surface all day. Then headed to Cordova Illinois for Vicary day, and finished off the season with a string of new personal bests. Couldn't have asked for a better season this year.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
get it girl lol not a bad way to end the year

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #831
Couple more pictures, I love this one from magic photos showing all the travel taken out of the front end and still carrying them out to 80ft or so.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #832
Looking at my datalogs finally, the car did 5 wheelies big enough to trigger the traction control, it was active past half track haha. The yellow line is driveshaft speed and the green is front wheel speed, each dip in front wheel speed is a wheelie. Planning to add a vps box over the winter to be able to allow certain amount of wheelie. Currently it cant distinguish between wheelspin or a wheelie. Probably should've just sacked up and turned it off lol.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #834
Upgrades are rolling in now. Went with an internal dump valve on the trans to hopefully get up on the converter faster. Also upgraded the hp to a dominator to be able to use a Davis Vps for wheelie control. The engine is about done at the machine shop, decided to dry deck it to keep the compression out of the cooling system if the head gaskets start leaking again.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #835
Took the car down to Iowa for the Joe Hunt memorial race and came away with the win in drag radial, not a bad first outing for the season! When those guys say no prep, they mean it! That was the trickiest surface I've ever been on, it was an absolute blast!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
looks like a good time. congrats on the win. That kinda data will help you. looks like everything worked out for you with your changes.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I watched the video first. I said to myself "that track looks like shit" Then I read no prep..... 🤣

Congrats on the win.

821 - 840 of 841 Posts