Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 833 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started on a new build and figured I'd share the details. It's a rust free 65k mile 04 Mach one. It's pretty much bone stock at this point. Plans for it are a 409" small block chevy and a 76mm turbo.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've stripped the interior and sound deadening mat out to get the shell ready for an 8.50 cage.

I've always wanted to do a grill mount.

The motor is a Dart block 409 sbc with Afr heads, trans is a Bte 1.69 glide, the whole combo has been 8.40's in a friend's wagon.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've acquired most of my suspension goodies, Strange singles up front and Strange doubles out back and team z control arms.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manual rack and struts are in, not sure if I should keep the cobra brakes and run a 17" front runner or go to a smaller brake setup.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Do your self a favor and keep the Cobra brakes and just run the 17" rims. The 17's will fill out the wheel wells better plus it will stop better.

What are your plans for induction? EFI or blow through?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will be a blow through csu setup on pump e85, I planned on a racepak iq3 for a dash and logging but I'm also considering a Holley Hp setup for logging and their dash, then I'm not buying things twice if I decide to switch to efi in the future.

·
11,420 Posts
Car should move out, will be a fun ass ride.
Grill mount turbo's look awesome

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I transferred over all the accessories and trimmed my new engine plate and did a test fit. The headers are very close to the strut towers, maybe an eighth inch or so on each side. I suppose I could notch the strut towers but I think it'll work as is.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
You can run a 15x3.5 on the front, but you have to run a spacer. If I remember right 3/4"
You still have to grind on the calipers to make it work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice! I had to do the exact same thing. Dry ice didn't work for me. Then used a crud thug to clean off the gunk. Your first pics of it look really good

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I used loctite / chisel paint stripper (pn79040) to get the residue off, that stuff is amazing. I would never do it again though, we probably have about ten hours or labor into it for just over 10lbs of weight removed. After doing that we decided to leave the door bars in it haha.

1 - 20 of 833 Posts