Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i've got budget built 350 sbc for a little street car and am going to do a twin turbo setup on it and was wondering what turbos to use? Im lookiong for something really cheap and they dont need to be big. I've heard the horror storys about ebay turbos and dont want to go that route, maybe a factory turbo off something like a grand national or maybe a diesel???? im not looking for big boost just maybe 15-20 pounds on a nearly stock cammed 350 with some iron factory heads,,,, really have no idea where to look for cheap turbos,,, any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
232 Posts
Depends on how much power and rpm you want to turn? Two turbos from a dodge cummins would work well and can be had for $200.0-$300.0 each and they are holset hx35, hy35 or he351 would work well. Also the gm 6.5 turbos would work well. You could do a larger single cheap also and it will simplify your setup. Two garrett T3 from a turbo coupe or a SVO mustang will spool off idle but run out of steam quick but would make a fun 500hp street car.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If your not 100% sold on twins.. What about a master power T-70 turbo? singles are easier to plumb up.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
x2 on the master power good power and inexpensive!! not alot of boost 15-20lbs thats alot for a mostly stock motor atleast i think..

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
An MP-70-76 would work or an S475 as well.
Even the T-6 S400 will spool by 3k. Both the MP and the S400 turbo is in the same price range.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help guys and keep the ideas coming, im not sold on twins just thought it would be cool to exit the exhaust out both fenders, where is the best place to look for used or new inexspensive turbos like you guys have mentioned?? i've always ran blowers so sorry for the ignorance on the subject

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
hey guys i've got budget built 350 sbc for a little street car and am going to do a twin turbo setup on it and was wondering what turbos to use? Im lookiong for something really cheap and they dont need to be big. I've heard the horror storys about ebay turbos and dont want to go that route, maybe a factory turbo off something like a grand national or maybe a diesel???? im not looking for big boost just maybe 15-20 pounds on a nearly stock cammed 350 with some iron factory heads,,,, really have no idea where to look for cheap turbos,,, any input would be appreciated

what fuel ??
one of my first engines , was a oem 4 bolt 350 chev block , factory iron 882 chev heads ,dirty old speed pro pistons, with7.2 : 1 compression, scat h beam rods, methanol fuel , and twin turbonetics 57mm turbos, baby single pattern 237 @ 114 flat tappet cam with .510 total [email protected] 24 psi , the engine made 1016 hp and 996 ft/lbs
heaps of fun, and very little maintaince
if you on pump gas, aftercooler is to be added @ this boost level.

if twins is what u want ....the master power deal , is ok ( older garrett style units), or you could get turbonetics for a few hundred dollars more, with warrinty and the latest style HP comp wheels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts