Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 part question:

Can braided teflon hose be used for oil feed to the turbo? I have like 5 feet of -4 stuff id like to use.

Where is the best place to pick up oil for the turbo feed side? (Dart Little M) The fitting by the oil filter & or up front just under the front of the intake. Been told to use either??

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Either would probably work, though not sure how most turbo guys are setting it up. The hole over the filter pad is 1/4" while the hole under the intake is 1/2".

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Mine comes off the front feed. Just because the hose would be shorter.

Don't forget to plug the 1/4 holes in the rear lifter galley's. You want the oil to be forced towards the front of the block before oiling the lifters. I run .125 restrictors in the front. Just drilled a 1/4 plug with a .125 bit.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dusty,
I believe the machine shop guy plugged them. When I got the block back I noticed quite a few holes plugged. I have mine set up to feed off the front like yours, Just stepped it down to -4 but kept on hearing about this rear one.Thanks for the info.

Anyone used the braided teflon hose for turbo feed?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Dusty,
I believe the machine shop guy plugged them. When I got the block back I noticed quite a few holes plugged. I have mine set up to feed off the front like yours, Just stepped it down to -4 but kept on hearing about this rear one.Thanks for the info.

Anyone used the braided teflon hose for turbo feed?
Same here. -4 feed from the front with a -12 return to the pan.

The plugs will be inside the larger plugs that you see on the back of the block on both sides of the cam plug. Before you go to far I'd pull the outer plugs out just to check and make sure the inner 1/4 plugs are installed.

·
SB2.2 + pt106
1,928 Posts
i use -4 from the front of the little m block to the turbo and a -12 braided line back to the pan.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think there is some confusion about the oiling holes.

If you're feeding the oil into the engine from the front plug the FRONT galley holes. If you're feeding oil into the engine from the rear plug the REAR oil galley holes.

If you feed the oil to the front oil hole and plug the lifter galley then oil will be forced to go through the mains first, then come back up and fill the lifter galleys. The exact opposite if you feed from the rear....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts