Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just need a little knowledge from people that make turbo manifolds from 321 stainless. Already have the tube in 321, and the v-bands after the collector are 304. I have some flanges in 304 and some in 316 stainless, do I really need 321 flanges as it is near impossible to get in Australia. Was going to use the 304 ? Cheers.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
304 will handle high heat better than 316. What is the application?? A drag application should be fine.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
304 flanges are fine. Be sure to use 347 filler.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers. Got the 347 filler already, I will use the 304 flanges. And yes it's for a drag application.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sorted, got some 321 plate ! Will cnc them and get them happening. Found a place with a large slab of 321 that they are going to slice some off for me, and was only about 10% more expensive than the 304, so 321 it will be.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here is a couple of pics of the finished flanges. They transition from the oval port shape to round, making it easier to fit the tubes. Started out as 1" thick 321 stainless plate.

And here is one showing the fit of the tubes to the machined recesses. Should make it a bit easier to weld.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That is the best flange design I've ever seen. No direct heat on the flange itself will keep it flat. Very nice!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers, asked a mate to make a die to flare the tube out to the oval shape, and ended up with this. Ha ha.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's called Park Engineering. They do cnc stuff all day everyday, in Unanderra, about an hour South of Sydney. Nowhere near you guys...lol . I'm sure they could do stuff and send it down to you if interested.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Now lets see some headers man.. Killer idea on that flange outlet!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah started them, pretty hard to get onto them, got too much other stuff to get out of the way before I do my own stuff. Should back into them this week. Will post pics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts