Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured it was time for a build thread.

I sold my previous project in order to build a 100% street car that I can scare the family with in comfort. Since I used to own a fabrication business that primarily built turbo BMW parts, it was only natural to drop a similar driveline that I had in the Mustang into Bavarian sheet metal. The goal is a factory like installation without cutting up the car.

The new owner of the Mustang dyno'd at 614/590 at 14psi with the Chinese GT45. This setup will be pretty much the same except with a Precision 7675CEA.

Old project thread. http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824458

The new
1995 BMW M3
2001 LM7
Built T56 with 30 spline output shaft
7675CEA
80lb inj
Shannon Taylor MS3 gold plug and play box
750il 210mm rear diff

Out with the old

New OE chassis connector parts for plug and play wiring

Dual in tank pump hanger with twin Walbro 400lph pump. They will be PWM controlled by the ecu and a single 80amp solid state relay.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ That's the type of stuff I used to build hardware for. Did quite a bit of business with PPF out of Sweden.

The motors don't seem to last very long at that level. My entire long lock cost less than an s52 MLS gasket :)

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be enough clutch

Some more goodies arrived today. Black intercooler to go with the theme. Should look and sound like a stock car with a bad idle valve :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Watching build with interest, thinking of doing similar once I sell my Mustang. Same reasons, scary fast but with some creature comforts :)

What are you using for mounts and headers?

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mounts are from CX racing. They were the best value at $500 for mounts/crossmember and they offset the motor to the passenger side so you can use the stock steering shaft and not relocate the ABS pump. The rear diff has quite an offset to it from the factory so this actually makes for better driveline angles. I'll be making my own turbo manifolds. They will probably be some sort of log style to keep packaging simple.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slowly getting there. Should have the motor dropped in Friday morning before work at this rate.

Welded AN fittings to the OE ps lines to use standard JIC hydraulic hoses.

FPR bracket to go with the minimal cutting/drilling plan.

·
draggin' ass
13,407 Posts
Very cool build. There is a silver one of these that I pass each day calling my name out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Such a sick build man. I have a 00' 323CI E46 coupe 5 speed (its my daily driver). If I didn't have all of my attention set towards building a dragster for next year I'd probably do something similar to this. 5.3 or something along those lines.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dragged my ass outta bed at 4AM to get the motor in before work. Looks like this is going to be the turbo location. I'll need to run a scavenge pump, but it'll allow me to run a 3.5" downpipe, a real air filter, and off the shelf coolant hoses. The radiator sits right up near the compressor housing. Couldn't do it up top because I am running a stock euro 5L washer bottle that will double as my meth tank. It has 7" of ground clearance as it sits now.

·
draggin' ass
13,407 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
16,195 Posts
Your going to need a pump to return the oil from the turbo if it stays down there.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Made a shifter handle that uses a stock BMW knob. The typical round ball people use just looks out of place in the BMW interior. Now have a working throttle and clutch. Turbo manifold fab next week.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts