Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a set or know who makes a set for 8.2 deck in a foxbody? probably 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 primaries and 2 1/2 crossover

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Thats not going to be a shelf piece man. Might as well get ready to take it somewhere and have a set custom made.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
x2. Also, the only way to go 1 3/4 would be to step them down because the port size is much larger than that. My buddy just made me some for my Yates motor, we had to go 2", then step down to 1 7/8, then 1 3/4. I think they will work well.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Fryguy.....reverse step headers.......thought about that not too long ago......was it done soley it have the 2 inch opening at the flange? where are the step points in youre primaries?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Stainless works has a set that will work. I have a couple local guys running them and they fit great. There the down and forwards. Let me know if i can help you out.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Fryguy.....reverse step headers.......thought about that not too long ago......was it done soley it have the 2 inch opening at the flange? where are the step points in youre primaries?
Yeah, the flanges and ports were 2", so it seemed silly to jam it in to the 1 3/4" right from the flange. It's only 2" for a very short time on most of the primaries, here's a pic:

I've seen a lot of small block cars have issues spooling a 106, and I figured these small tubes would still support the power we were looking for. I hope it works ok, we'll find out soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, i will measure my port openings when the heads arrive and go fron there,mine apparently only have a mild port job so i might be ok with the 1 7/8. does stainless works offer the 2 1/2 crossover all i saw listed was 3"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts