Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sizes header sould i need for a blow-thru 408cubic,91mm singles turbo setup.looking at some on ponydown.net they are 13/4 with 3" crossover pipe.would this work are do you know who sell big tube turbo header.thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
depending on the heads your going with I would and the power your looking to make I would consider going with at least 1 7/8
if not maybe even 2" primarys,
Im doing a 434 with tiwn 80's and we're going with 2" primarys into a 3" collector
thats seems to be what a lot of the outlaw radial and 10.5 guys are running
again not sure what your power goals are but the 91mm can sure make some power and you got a decent amount of inches as well

·
Registered
42 Posts
do you have the wider exhaust pattern on the heads
I know the earlier Vic jr heads came with only one bolt pattern and the new ones now have the 2 sets of bolt holes similar to the AFR heads
that is a pretty big turbo and will support a lot of power,
what are your power goals ?
how much port work is in the heads

·
Registered
861 Posts
The most important thing is making sure the tube fully covers the outlet of the exhaust port. When I was designing my header flange I looked at how the tube would cover the exhaust port. It ended up being 2" for these heads and the motor happens to be a similar cube as yours.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think you could get away with 1-3/4" on that head, and 1-7/8" being as big as I would go. 2.00" would be a little overkill.
Im building a Victor headed windsor turbo kit for a customer right now running a 106mm. I am using 1-7/8" primary tubes.
I have a friend running a set of TFS-R heads with 1-5/8" primary tubes into a 2-1/4" crossover making 1300RWHP (Also a 91mm turbo) so I wouldn't be that concerned with what you already have.
If you are really concerned, give Chris @ SPD Exhaust a call and give him all your motor specs. He will be able to tell you the optimum primary/crossover tube size for your application.

Regards,

CraigS

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rodrigues-

What type of CAD sysytem did you use to create your header flange? I am in the process of trying to convert a set of M2 Track 1's (std exh) to a spreadport pattern, in an effort to utilize a larger tube diameter. Where did you get the information about port sizes and locations as well as mounting hole locations? I was going to use a CMM and trace the outlines of the two different gaskets that are being used, but it looks as if you have alrady done this. Any chance you would be willing to share that file?

Curt

·
Registered
861 Posts
I use solidworks for everything but I can convert it to whatever. A CMM would work a lot better but honestly I just used a 12" caliper and a machinists square because I work out of my garage. I can share my file but I specifically made them to my ported exhaust sections on my 18x head.

Rodrigues-

What type of CAD sysytem did you use to create your header flange? I am in the process of trying to convert a set of M2 Track 1's (std exh) to a spreadport pattern, in an effort to utilize a larger tube diameter. Where did you get the information about port sizes and locations as well as mounting hole locations? I was going to use a CMM and trace the outlines of the two different gaskets that are being used, but it looks as if you have alrady done this. Any chance you would be willing to share that file?

Curt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts