Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am get'n ready to purchase turbo's for one of my best friends cars that I am building.
Going to be a 358'' mod motor in a Ford GT Supercar. 4.165 stroke and 3.70 bore, 11 to 1 compression on e85 and e98. Motor will turn 7500-8400 max. Im doing 1 7/8 headers and I haven't decided what todo from the headers to the turbos yet and im going to buy a double slip style collector and not weld them. Also do I get a v band exhaust flange turbo or a 4 bolt style. This is what I want todo with the car. I want to have the thing spool as quickly as possible, I want to make 1500-1700hp @ the tire. I want to go after the 60-130 record with the car. So lag inbetween shifts is important. The car also has Motec with traction control and originally tuned by Shane T. I also want to be able to upgrade to twin 74's or 6's and run some standing mile stuff (260+). So i'm thinking a 67-72 mm turbo. The Ugr Twin Turbo Gallardo's are running 67s i believe and making 1500-1600 rwhp. They are a 5.0liter v10 motor

For Reference the Heffner Performance/Ray Hofman Ford GT had twin 74mm turbo's on a 331 inch motor and made 1800+ rwhp with under 40lbs lbs of boost. My intake has a 3'' longer runner than theres and my motor is 27 cubes bigger.

I want the least amount of lag possible and if I have to only make in the 1600rwhp range im cool with that, were going to give the Gallardo's an ASS POUNDING....................................................................................

Btw Turbo's Suck......If i could only talk him into putin a Procharger on it and settling for 1400-1450rwhp....He'll be a believer once I give him an ass pounding with my car:)

Thanks for any insight...
Dan

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also with a Ford GT 60mph is 4000rpms in 2nd and 130 in 3rd is around 6400rpms. These things are gear'd really fucked up. 1.71 second gear and 1.23 3rd....

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
I will post it over there too.

·
Registered
845 Posts
call reed at work turbo.

·
Registered
692 Posts
It's something that you probably will have to experiment with. Similar to John Mihovetz use of many different turbos over the years. But now he has found the correct turbos, which are best suited for his application. Its all trial and error!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts