Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sizing on a single turbo for a 393cid sbc.. 4.155x3.625. standerd 23* heads. something streetable that doesn't build boost so fast you can't control it... as for power it will be what it is with the right turbo and cam for cid, heads... tell me how far i'm off hear? i was looking at a 88ish with a 1.10-1.50 . thanks guys.. btw this will be a blowthrough....i have a duel needls and seat 850cfm from csu

·
Registered
49,496 Posts
S480 Borg warner , t6 1.32, peppy and still runs out the back door :)
this would work well, with the 96mm turbine and 1.32 a/r, but its gonna be a touch stuffy on that big a motor, I'd look at the s500 chassis stuff, since street spool up doesn't seem to be a concern.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
S500 91mm with the 1.15 A/R housing.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys.. this isn't a street racing car, just a street driven car. it will be a toy you air out once in a while. i just don't what something you put your foot into a little and it boost so fast you can't even drive the bitch.. a buddys car boost so fast you can't drive it without spinning the tires..

·
Registered
49,496 Posts
thanks guys.. this isn't a street racing car, just a street driven car. it will be a toy you air out once in a while. i just don't what something you put your foot into a little and it boost so fast you can't even drive the bitch.. a buddys car boost so fast you can't drive it without spinning the tires..
Yeah, lots of guys piss and moan about turbo lag, and its rarely a bad thing.but they also pick a turbo based on this and wind up with a tire smoking monster thats got useless amounts of low end TQ.

its dumb.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Jeff the cool thing about the S500 series is that it has housings every .15 apart from .85 to 1.45.... Great ability to tune in the spool characteristic you want with turbine housing size.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i'm between the 91-96mm and a 1.15-1.32.......

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks liljohn.. where's the best place to deal with????... i'm a n/a-nos builder but turbo's and chargers are a weak area for me..

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Jeff... Sent you a pm..... Let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts