Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is building a 1932 Coupe, (street beast kit) and has built a low compression, 383 small block, 8.5:1 motor. He wants around 700 usable street hp. What size turbo should he use? One of the problems is space, and we think we can get it in behind the front tire. This guy is old school, but has built drag cars for 40 years and wants to update!!!
Thanks to all.
Zim

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
;) A 76MM TURBO IS GOOD FOR A [email protected] FLYWHEEL.. AND IS EASILY MOUNTED ANYWHERE.... YOU WILL NEED A GOOD OIL RETURN SYSTEM!!! ESPECIALLY MOUNTED LOWER THAN THE OILPAN OF THE ENGINE.... YOU CAN GIVE ME A CALL DURING THE WEEK-337-523-0061, I WILL HELP YOU OUT WITH IT, OR CALL FREDDY [email protected] TURBO.. AND GET HIM TO SET YOU UP A UNIVERSAL KIT.. AND YOU CAN FAB IT UP YOURSELVES...:cool:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You

Thanks Shakey, he will probably fab the whole thing himself. He's a retired Navy machinest and does really nice work. Just don't know anything about turbos. If its alright I may have him call you for information since you are a resident expert.
There is a turbo for sale on YB and I think this may solve his problems.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70080

Also herd that a borg warner s470-475 is a good turbo for a 383.
Thanks again
Zim

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
GIVE DAN A CALL @ BULLSEYEPOWER.COM HE SELLS ALOT OF BORG WARNER STUFF, REAL REASONABLE!:cool:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
YBBitch:CMAFR::smt089:) DONT READ MINE!!!!:cool:

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
My friend is building a 1932 Coupe, (street beast kit) and has built a low compression, 383 small block, 8.5:1 motor. He wants around 700 usable street hp. What size turbo should he use? One of the problems is space, and we think we can get it in behind the front tire. This guy is old school, but has built drag cars for 40 years and wants to update!!!
Thanks to all.
Zim

The B/W S475 is a great fit for that motor/combo. It will have little room to grow as well. If you need any help feel free to call,
we call most of the parts in stock!

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Zim,

I returned your call and didn't hear back from you.
Feel free to call today, we should be in the shop till late!

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts