Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done dual exaust on a single turbo setup..With say a Y right out of the turbo even length exaust each side thinking of doing something different seeing if anyone has ever tried it...Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
16,597 Posts
Has anyone ever done dual exaust on a single turbo setup..With say a Y right out of the turbo even length exaust each side thinking of doing something different seeing if anyone has ever tried it...Thanks in advance...
I would think not, only for the simple reason its twice as much work and creates packaging (space) problems that wouldn't exist with a single set-up.

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
I saw one on a late model camaro (or maybe it was a Rustang). it was a center & low mounted big single with a Y right @ the outlet of the tubine.

Bob

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Its been done. Grand Nationals have had it for years. You can split it off in the back, if placement is a problem.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Andy Jensen has a y pipe on his camaro out of the 106

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'll have mine split from a 5" to dual 3.5" and run back to behind the driver. Couldn't fit a 5" pipe under the car and wanted exhaust run back there for street use:)

- Brian

·
Registered
645 Posts
BTW - SPD built me a really nice 5" to dual 3.5" reverse merge.

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
I helped a guy at FFW Gainesville years ago
that had bought Baers old car.It had a 5 in
out to a Y and dual 3.5s also.They ran between the
frame and a-arms .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts