1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
716 Posts
Joe, it says I do not have permission to view this page on the Facebook? ... maybe it's not public?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
If similar to the picture I don't see any cons. Long radius bend won't kill flow too bad, turbo should be getting some fresher cooler air and any ram air benefit isn't going to hurt.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
this is just a 5 inch turbo intake pipe to hopefully get fresh air to turbo instead of engine bay air.I also run a cowl hood which limits some air

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
this is another pic.Its a 5 inch pipe to route fresh air to turbo.im alittle nervous because just putting my hand over pipe and revving engine I can feel it sucking some major air.Im afraid it will suck everything off the track into the turbo and engine

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd try it with and without and see a time difference, and you'd be surprised how restrictive things can be, even big tube with no filter on.

I'd be inclined to run a vacuum gauge at the turbo inlet, and see if there is any under load. If so, it's restrictive.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You would also need to make a run with a gauge w/o the pipe. There is lower pressure behind the core support at speed. I would not be surprised it the had higher pressure and cooler temps above 30 mph with the tube on. Only testing will tell. Do you have any way to data log?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You would also need to make a run with a gauge w/o the pipe. There is lower pressure behind the core support at speed. I would not be surprised it the had higher pressure and cooler temps above 30 mph with the tube on. Only testing will tell. Do you have any way to data log?
Brian my only logging capability is a lm2 and I can change my timing curve with a msd 6531..thats all I have

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Im also curious about this.i was told last sunday that this guy gained around 100hp with a charge pipe coming out of the passenger fender.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you connect a 2 bar map sensor to an LM2 and log it?
I have a 2 bar map sensor right now from msd.It is hooked to the vacuum port below carb to register psi for my timing retard.Whether you can record the psi changes I do not know

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I run a setup like u show, keeps IATs nice. Have run with or without the filter and there is no difference in boost developed vs dome pressure, nor a difference in power

I run an afe dry flow

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I run a setup like u show, keeps IATs nice. Have run with or without the filter and there is no difference in boost developed vs dome pressure, nor a difference in power

I run an afe dry f

awesome info.So you have run your car without the turbo pipe and with and saw no difference in ets...Might of wasted my time with this

1 - 20 of 27 Posts