Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
i would trim the bumper. it looks better also.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
I still need to trim some at the lower side I wanted to keep it some what hidden but not hurt air flow untill I decide on a molded bumper.
Aint no hiding that thing! :supz:

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
I'd try it without the tape on it first....

Looks good!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I was gonna put it inside the engine compartment but the center mount makes it easier to make the y pipe and have room for oil pump etc. I had the old bumper that had some damage so I went to cutting I just went and trimmed a little more I think I'll be ok. Robert I knew someone would say something like that I just didn't want to take it off for the pic.

Thanks guys,
Thomas

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Well I was gonna put it inside the engine compartment but the center mount makes it easier to make the y pipe and have room for oil pump etc. I had the old bumper that had some damage so I went to cutting I just went and trimmed a little more I think I'll be ok. Robert I knew someone would say something like that I just didn't want to take it off for the pic.

Thanks guys,
Thomas
If it's not dialy driven leave it right there! Flat mount the rad and enjoy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good Thomas! Are you going to have it ready for the Holcombe race this fall?
Thanks D. I'm shooting for the spring race the funds are low at the moment I'm trying to do as much as I can on my own. Things will go faster when I move this engine and car I have for sale. Are you gonna have a car there?

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
This will not be driven daily if it will run cool enough I live about 5 miles from my local track and I would like to drive it in after all the bugs are worked out.
Sure it will.

Have a good rad built to be flat mounted in btween the frame rails.
Make sure you mount the fans on top and have them blow up. (reduces the under hood dirt)
You will need a high mounted spot to burp from too.

·
slow ass wiring guy
1,356 Posts
Sure it will.

Have a good rad built to be flat mounted in btween the frame rails.
Make sure you mount the fans on top and have them blow up. (reduces the under hood dirt)
You will need a high mounted spot to burp from too.

how about more then a 5 mile trip? i want to mount my street/strip car like that but dont wasnt to run into cooling problems and have to change it back

1 - 19 of 19 Posts