Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im gathering parts for my new turbo motor.. its 99 OEM roller block 350ci... its going to be standard bore 8.24:1 compression ill be using my 69mm turbo on E85 the heads are oem iron heads with 64cc 040 casting with minor bowl work... the goal is to make 500-600whp and no more than 6000rpm.. ohh i have 1.6 rockers.. i have never messed with hyd roller cam before so im not sure what to get..

the last cam i used seem to be working pretty good it was a 224-224 @050 499-499 lift with the 1.6 rockers at 114 flat hyd cam.. but the motor was at 10.0:1

also i will need spring recommendation for the roller cam since i know the springs has to be different.. thanks for any help

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe im talking in a different language.. well thanks ill try asking somewhere else

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
id just do a stock one or call a cam company and see what they say. the stock iron heads is why im sure no one has a clue.

i ran my 350 with alum fastburn head. had a 224 .520 114 cam. made 660rwhp on 10psi. so on iron heads with way less flow 500rwhp may be pushing it to hard

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Yup, even with minor bowl work, those stock castings still only displace appx. 155cc on the intake runner and flow may not exceed 200cfm. Not good. You'll end up seein' a ton of boost on the gauge (restriction) but not much improvement past a certain boost number. I have a very nice grind for that block, but it's not gonna' be much more help than a small Xtreme Energy grind with those heads.

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts