Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have either cnc'd or laser cyt flanges that can be used for support on the Large frame PT turbo's. Similar to the plates used to attach the turbine housing to the center section but with more meat for welding

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Any time that Ive done a brace, I just used a second turbine inlet flange and sandwiched it between the turbo and manifold. Ive never had any exhaust leak issues and I never use gaskets on turbo>manifold joints either.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i plan on doing that but i was also looking at some way to try and support the turbo from the center. may just end up using tabs and some longer bolts to secure teh tabs to the rear backing plate.

·
SB2.2 + pt106
1,928 Posts
i built a turbo support bracket. it came out nicely, i can remove tall the tubing and the turbo is still supported. If i want to lift the turbo out i can do that easily as well

·
Registered
340 Posts
I started making a flange that has one side of the flange extended out to allow to weld to it or drill holes for support. I make them on either side of the flange.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep I built mine out of angle iron. Sits under the exhaust flange and extends to the frame rails. I can remove the turbo and/or the crossover and the brace stays there.

You can see the brace here getting ready to go to the coaters.

And here it is installed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts