Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I THINK, he is just listing what he is doing. Any I guess he doesn't need a bump box.
I am interested to hear how he stages and what kind of boost he leaves with. If he will share that. Heck of a ride!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I THINK, he is just listing what he is doing. Any I guess he doesn't need a bump box.
I am interested to hear how he stages and what kind of boost he leaves with. If he will share that. Heck of a ride!
There are a couple that stated "no bump box". Unless I misunderstood, but thats why i asked

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yeah not sure what the bump box has to do with anything. Couple of local guys with big hp ls and mod stuff dont have issues with them here. Just about everyone who races in a pro tree with a turbo car has one

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
nice set-up billycart.

10sec_rx7... what block do you run? I plan on using a Dart Big M 10.2 cast iron (can't afford aluminum).

what about for cam/lifters/pushrods/valve springs? did the Brodix BB3X head ever give you any trouble not being HIP'd?

for my build, what starts becoming a problem engine-wise after 2500hp?

thanks everybody
dart Big M 10.2 deck
cam is a crow cam ground here, 904 Crower lifters, Manton 7/16 pushrods, Pac triple springs, GRP alloy rods etc.
I did have some issues with pulling threads in the heads, but we inserted them and have been fine ever since,

to be honest 2500hp is not really working a big block too hard,

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yeah not sure what the bump box has to do with anything. Couple of local guys with big hp ls and mod stuff dont have issues with them here. Just about everyone who races in a pro tree with a turbo car has one
I use mine every pass.. no issues with the box

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
not sure if directed at me lol'

yes, not pro tree
spool twin 88's without pre bumping
leave with 10-12 psi
makes 30+ on msdboost controller in under 2
can make 60 in under 3

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
dart Big M 10.2 deck
cam is a crow cam ground here, 904 Crower lifters, Manton 7/16 pushrods, Pac triple springs, GRP alloy rods etc.
I did have some issues with pulling threads in the heads, but we inserted them and have been fine ever since,

to be honest 2500hp is not really working a big block too hard,

thanks 10sec_rx7. my last set of Brodix heads that i bought new had inserts in the rocker arm mounting holes and the valley head stud holes on the underside of the head from the factory.

what did you have for your oiling system? I was thinking a wet sump with an external oil pump. where on the block did you get your turbo oil feeds from? what about oil drain? Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi , on a side not the Brodix BB3x heads Jesel doesn’t make the one piece stand for the intakes , but T&D does ... Had the intake rocker rip out of the head twice & replaced those with the T&D

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
not sure if directed at me lol'

yes, not pro tree
spool twin 88's without pre bumping
leave with 10-12 psi
makes 30+ on msdboost controller in under 2
can make 60 in under 3
You aren't messing around!:tonqe:I have seen the vid's, and that car is very cool. Just about the only think cooler than a small block with twin turbos, is a big block with twins!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
thanks 10sec_rx7. my last set of Brodix heads that i bought new had inserts in the rocker arm mounting holes and the valley head stud holes on the underside of the head from the factory.

what did you have for your oiling system? I was thinking a wet sump with an external oil pump. where on the block did you get your turbo oil feeds from? what about oil drain? Thanks
yeh they head inserts in them too, it think it was a combo of shit rocker spacers and bolts that were too short, made large platform spacers and used longer bolts and its perfect now,

we are dry sump, we had it all there from the LSX setup so just got a new pan for the big block and away we went.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
10sec_rx7 - thanks. good to know the crank I have is good enough for my goals.

Are you running steel rocker arms? I was thinking maybe aluminum intake, steel exhaust T&D or Jesel rockers? I already have a belt drive left over from my old engine.

For head studs, are you using the standard 7/16" or did you upgrade to 1/2"? Standard ARP 2000 or some exotic material?

I plan on running methanol. Looking at the new Aeromotive spur gear pump, what size would I need? 21.5 gpm? Planning on using Billet Atomizers, what size for 2500hp? 750#?

Want a little wiggle room/safety margin for both the pump and injectors.

Thanks guys!
I would just go ahead and run a single 800 or 850PPH and give yourself some room to grow. A 19gpm pump would be plenty but I would go 10gpm @ 4000rpm. This gives you room to grow up to 21-22gpm @ 5000rpm with only a pulley change. I have made ~2200rwhp on a 12.5gpm Waterman Lil' Bertha.

I am a Billet Atomizer dealer and give a YB Member discount. Definitely consider the -ORB style injectors I developed. They are the safest thing on the market and allow a lot of mounting flexibility. I offer in house manifold conversations, fully plumbed systems using premium crimp style line and fittings. Generally I use Earl's Ultraflex but can use any hose/fittings on the market that meet our safety goals.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
TurboII - thanks for all the help, i will for sure give you a ring when i am ready for those injectors!

·
Registered
721 Posts
i was running aluminium both intake and exhaust, i just got a set of steel for both intake and exhaust, have not done a pass with them yet, T&D brand,
I'd like your feedback on the steel vs aluminum after some testing, thanks.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Steel is better period. Aluminum has a finite cycle life. Even if they were of adequate strength
when new once they reach their cycle limit you will start having failures. Steel doesn't have this issue. Very similar to steel vs aluminum rods. If you can't afford steel there are a couple options.

Option 1) Steel exhaust rockers are where they're most needed and has the most chance of breaking an aluminum rocker.

Option 2) The aluminum rockers are prone to break on the pushrod side of the fulcrum due to the shorter length and multiplication of spring pressure. You can increase the amount of material there by having them made with male adjusters that don't require the big recess needed to countersink the female adjuster. Then have the pushrods made with a female on that end. You will gain around 20-25% increase in strength in that area.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
How come steel rockers are 3-4 times as much money? I dont understand why as it cant be that much more in material cost
Jesel pro alum 1600-1700. Steel is like 4-5 grand. Ridiculous imo

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I'd like your feedback on the steel vs aluminum after some testing, thanks.
well I went a PB in the 330 and 660 by .05 on the same boost as last time out went from a 4.20 to 4.15 and from 179 to 183mph only change is the rockers.. I then started to pull some fuel and get after it and it went another .04 quicker on the same boost 4.15 to a 4.11 and from 183 to 186mph.. went to put some more boost in and lost a head gasket so that put an end to that..

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
How come steel rockers are 3-4 times as much money? I dont understand why as it cant be that much more in material cost
Jesel pro alum 1600-1700. Steel is like 4-5 grand. Ridiculous imo
if you want a good economical rocker in steel then call crower, there rockers are cheap and work really well

·
Registered
721 Posts
well I went a PB in the 330 and 660 by .05 on the same boost as last time out went from a 4.20 to 4.15 and from 179 to 183mph only change is the rockers.. I then started to pull some fuel and get after it and it went another .04 quicker on the same boost 4.15 to a 4.11 and from 183 to 186mph.. went to put some more boost in and lost a head gasket so that put an end to that..
Killer runs. Very impressive results.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts