Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Hutch,
Many months ago, I had chatted with you on the phone about one of your T400's for my Challenger & I was blown away by the wealth of info you gave me. Unfortunately, I don't remember alot of it. Could you please re-explain the Pro's & Cons of a T400 vs. a Glide for my combo? And also explain what is needed to do in regards to lauching the car on a 10.5 tire with a high hp/torque motor & 2.48 first of the T400 vs. the smaller 1st gear ratio of the Glide?

Here's a refresher of some details of my car: 70'Challenger, 3300-3400 lbs, Ladder Bar/ Coilovers, 25.5 cage, B1 wedge (1000hp estimate), Normally Aspirated, True 10.5

Thanx!!!!!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Three Speeds !!!!!

Switched from 1.80 glide to 2.48 turbo 400.

Lots of doubters since I was adding weight & reduction

End result was the quickest & fastest the car has ever gone !

And as you can tell TRACTION is not a problem !

·
Super Moderator
19,378 Posts
Steff , its the age old debate. It starts with static weight, rotating mass, ratios, torque converters and will never end. Everyone has a story to tell and the majority will go for the glide, which is fine, they have their place. I like 3 speeds. If you want to work with either trans and converter combination it can work even with some awkward high numerical trans ratios. If you work with it long enough,you will figure out how to manage it.
The glide is an easy way out in my opinion. Its difficult to take a 1/2 hour conversation and summarize it in a few paragraphs.
As far as how to hook a small tire car with a 2.48 ratio, its difficult but it can be done and has been done. There is no simple way to describe how in a few words. Ignition timing,fuel curves,nitrous designs and converters are just a few.

What have you heard and which direction do you see yourself going.

Talk to you soon ,Hutch

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Hutch,
I called your shop & got your voice mail. I left a message with my number. Hope to hear from ya'.

STEFF

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Hutch, don't call until my trans is finished. You spend too much time on the phone. Get back to work!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,378 Posts
Monson, Im doing what I can and working as quickly as possible. Sorry for the delay but don't be a prick.

Steff, Got your message and I will try to return your call tomorrow.

Thanks ,Hutch

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Hutch said:
Monson, Im doing what I can and working as quickly as possible. Sorry for the delay but don't be a prick.
Sorry Hutch, I've been a little high strung lately. Maybe it's because my garage smells so bad?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
This could be a new soap opra

"As The Torque Converter Turns"

On the next episode we can find out just how long it take to boil the fluid out of your glide & the proper starting line BURN DOWN teqneques

Monson

I wonder if that smell can be delt w/like getting sprayed by a skunk?
Maybe give your car a tomato juice bath?

At bare minumum it will look as bad as it smells

1 - 10 of 10 Posts