Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having my turbo 350 transmission rebuilt for a bracket race application. The car weighs about 3350 and has a 500hp 383 sbc. My question is in regards to the sprag. Do I need an aftermarket direct drum and sprag such as the one from TCI or can I get away with just a hardened outer sprag race for an application like this. Also what other parts would be recommended for a build like this. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Andrew

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm having my turbo 350 transmission rebuilt for a bracket race application. The car weighs about 3350 and has a 500hp 383 sbc. My question is in regards to the sprag. Do I need an aftermarket direct drum and sprag such as the one from TCI or can I get away with just a hardened outer sprag race for an application like this. Also what other parts would be recommended for a build like this. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Andrew

the hardened sprag race is almost a must if your going to beat on it with 500 HP...
The complete drum with a 36 element sprag and extra clutch is a very good upgrade also.
Transgo shift kit...new bushings through out...

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
see if you can find a 350c sun shell. It has a bunch of holes in it. will help with the sprag wear and tear but cutting down on wieght.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts