Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sbf with fogger running 32 base an taking out 14degs pulled plug. tip of the strap was blue in color 3932 autolites an plugs looked real clean on the lean side .i thought .had fuel at 61/2 i drop timing to 13 put fuel to 7 made pass car picked up 1 mph pulled plugs the blue mark look to have moved down some its being real hard to read plug still looked lean drop to 12 rasied fuel to 71/4 made pass car broke lose before the 1/8 shut down tip was still blue cant tell if iam at the bend an still looked lean .do i add more fuel seams like iam geting high in pressure its a 32/28 jeting iam reading plugs with a scope

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
You changed two things at one time added fuel pressure and you took timing out.

Go back to the previous tune up and work on one thing or the other. Too much fuel and not enough timing will hurt parts just as much as too much timing and not enough fuel.

Are you putting in a fresh set of plugs and making a pass, towing back and inspecting the plugs after each pass?

Just a few things to think about.

·
Registered
93 Posts
try ngk plugs they show the heat better . what head do you have .you will need a colder plug and 18 degs is little high depending on which hed you have. 7/14 fuel pressure with a 4 jet spread sould be way rich

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
1/8th mile or 1/4? Blue usually means hot.Have you cut the threads off a plug yet to get a good read on the fuel ring?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plugs were fresh towed to the line an back pass were 1/4 mile victor sr heads an just cut the plugs fuel line is like a faint gey the porclein is clean i will try to post pics

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have the same heads and i dont run that much timing. i also run at least a 6 jet spread and lower fuel pressure. the 15 deg heads will need ngk -10 or -11

1 - 7 of 7 Posts