Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your thoughts on tuning the motor for hot Humid air, went to the track this Saturday it was so Humid you could cut the air with a Knife, engine did not like it starting busting up before it made my shift point RPM. I am currently running an A/A intercooler and am running a blow thru Carb, -9 NGK plugs C16 fuel 34 degrees timing, getting ready soon to do A/W setup but am sure it will be affected by the humidity as well.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
It will want more timing and it will want less fuel.

When it's that humid outside at least with my nitrous car, I add timing and pull fuel out. The humidity works for us nitrous guys as it's like having water injection almost as we bring our own atmosphere in a bottle.

The tuning principles are still the same, cool dry weather less timing more fuel. Hot humid weather, less fuel more timing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, makes since new to the supercharger, I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It will want more timing and it will want less fuel.

When it's that humid outside at least with my nitrous car, I add timing and pull fuel out. The humidity works for us nitrous guys as it's like having water injection almost as we bring our own atmosphere in a bottle.

The tuning principles are still the same, cool dry weather less timing more fuel. Hot humid weather, less fuel more timing.
X's 2... i had been running mid 7's (1/8th) on 10#, then we added a 100 shot, went back and got a 6.62 right off the trailer, as the night wore on and cooled down the car went away, when i pulled my logs and checked, the AFR's went off the charts! my fuel was fine in the heat/humidity, same fuel WAY lean in the cooler nite... i got lucky going home with my block in one piece!

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
X's 2... i had been running mid 7's (1/8th) on 10#, then we added a 100 shot, went back and got a 6.62 right off the trailer, as the night wore on and cooled down the car went away, when i pulled my logs and checked, the AFR's went off the charts! my fuel was fine in the heat/humidity, same fuel WAY lean in the cooler nite... i got lucky going home with my block in one piece!

Good to know you escaped that one unscathed!

This is the general principle though for weather changes. Each car will want more or less depending on where the tune was before the change in weather.

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
In addition to these suggestions you might want to increase the speed at which you are turning your blower to increase oxygen into the engine, depending on your iats you might want to run an oxygenated fuel also.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Will definately want LESS fuel. My car bogged big time coming up to shift point and in High gear. The outside temp was 98*, DA of 3400ft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts