Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i run a -11 NGK plug and everything is fine, what would happen or what adjustments will need to be done if i go to a -10 plug??? right now i run a 36/28 jet spread in a fogger. Possible stepping it up to a 42/32 jet spread next weekend. Im asking because since its the end of the year where i live most shops r out of the 11 plugs and not ordering anymore till spring so my only choise are 10's :confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Right now i run a -11 NGK plug and everything is fine, what would happen or what adjustments will need to be done if i go to a -10 plug??? right now i run a 36/28 jet spread in a fogger. Possible stepping it up to a 42/32 jet spread next weekend. Im asking because since its the end of the year where i live most shops r out of the 11 plugs and not ordering anymore till spring so my only choise are 10's :confused:
You are planning to step up the system and use a hotter plug at the same time? The shops may be out of plugs but when you are done they wont be out of pistons and rings in your size............. Call Summit or Jegs I'm sure they have plenty in stock and can ship them overnight................. Just saying

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are planning to step up the system and use a hotter plug at the same time? The shops may be out of plugs but when you are done they wont be out of pistons and rings in your size............. Call Summit or Jegs I'm sure they have plenty in stock and can ship them overnight................. Just saying

Agree with u there Mike, i know running a hot plug and more Nitrous is not a good thing, i just hating ordering shit online, but more then likely thats what im going to have to do to get the correct parts i need.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Call Jeg's. They have free shipping on everything.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
If all else fails, bring the timing down by 2*, & you should be good to go...who knows, it might run better with less timing. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
12,145 Posts
If all else fails, bring the timing down by 2*, & you should be good to go...who knows, it might run better with less timing. Good luck.
This is what I was thinking along the lines of as well. If you go to the -10 of your CURRENT tune and pull a couple of degrees, it should be a safe move to see just where your at. Address tune based on the first pass.. SJ

·
Registered
728 Posts
X2 for advance or Orileys.
Advanced is always able to get them by the next day, and they're cheaper than most places. I prefer NGK too, but if push comes to shove an Autolite AR3931 is the equivalent. I noticed Billy Glidden using them a few years ago, so I figured I'd give them a try if I couldn't find NGK's.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I was thinking along the lines of as well. If you go to the -10 of your CURRENT tune and pull a couple of degrees, it should be a safe move to see just where your at. Address tune based on the first pass.. SJ
sounds good Steve I will give it a try, i also run a MSD grid system so i can ramp timing in and out of of my current tune up. Im up here in Detroit and its like 50 degrees outside tuning is a PITA, Im heading to Mike Hills race at HOH in South Caolina next weekend were the weather will be warmer so tuning should be a little bit more easy to do.

And it is a SBF 400ci with a High Port and a 4150 carb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts