Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious about a tuner for an 06 power stroke. Did the egr delete on the truck, and ever since then the engine ligh stays on. I was told a tuner would turn the engine light off. Not looking for a ton of power, just a mild tuner. Any reccommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SCT is one of the best tuners for the 6.0.i use them on all the builds I do. U can cut your light off of it as well. Did u replace oil cooler as well when u done the egr delete

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SCT is one of the best tuners for the 6.0.i use them on all the builds I do. U can cut your light off of it as well. Did u replace oil cooler as well when u done the egr delete
No, the oil cooler was not replaced. Thanks guys for the replies.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use the predator tuner, and have had great success.

·
Registered
703 Posts
SCT here. My 2004 doesn't turn on a fault light when the EGR was removed but the tuner still removes the code that normally gets set. When I check for codes, I don't see an EGT fault in the ECM now.

Street tune
Performance tune
Towing tune

I put the street tune in during the winter to derate it for better winter driving. I don't need to overpower the tires on ice and snow. During the warmer months I run the performance tune. I haven't had to tow my trailer for quite a while to see how well the towing tune works.

Any tune better than a stock tune is an improvement. SCT can also firm up the automatic trans shift points even in a street tune.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
SCT is the only tuner that should be used on a 6.0. Get somebody like Eric to write you custom tunes for it.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I bought an SCT Livewire TS from Innovative Diesel with 3 custom tunes along with the 3 canned tunes. Only mods to my truck are ARP studs and an egr delete. It runs strong on the extreme street tune.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
X street was so much fun. I actually miss the days of exhaust and a tune. Before big chargers and big sticks. Now its nothing but a headache.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
X street was so much fun. I actually miss the days of exhaust and a tune. Before big chargers and big sticks. Now its nothing but a headache.
HOw is the x street tune. I almost ordered it today. Just cant see it being worth $85. The 75 hp tow tune works good for me

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Call mike at KEM performance for a tune.

His tuning is excellent and doesn't break parts.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
X street was the most fun I ever had with the truck. Amazing drivability, and a nice power jump over stock. I swaer it was more fun with just that tune and exhaust than it is now with 600hp+

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I actually have a stock version of x street and a version built for the combo now. I run it more often than anything. Still great power and drives like a dream.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts