Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started talking to a tuner around my area and was told a price. A couple months go by and he moved around austin from where he was living so I contacted him to let him know I am ready to tune. At this point the price changed and went up, I brought up it up but he just repeated his current rates. The guy is proven and good and I don't mind paying extra but im thinking its just the moral part of one price then changing to another. What would you guys have done? Also do alot of tuners make people sign a contract for no responsibility if engine blows up? Thanks

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
If thats his current rates then thats that. If you get a gas price from a gas station then come by 2 months later it wont be the same. If he moved then he may have more bills and stuff and might not be able to do it for what he once was. Ive quoted things before and had people come by months or years later expecting the same price. Sometimes it is and sometimes it aint. If he is good then that all that should matter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, your right. I was not trying to make it a big deal but it was poking at me so I figured why not ask and get a second opinion. He is good and that's why I continued to go along with him.

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
I called a tuner and it ended up taking longer than I thought it would to get the car there, the rate went up in that time. Its a business and rates change I wouldn't sweat it, unless you had a quote in writing that was good for a certain time and it was within that window.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah in austin but id rather not say who. He is good and well known but just wanted a second opinion on the situation.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Saw through the "tuner" as a business bullshit from day one and just taught myself. You'd be annoyed to see how easy it is for the price they charge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts