Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a 548 with dart heads floe around 400 13.8 comp with a 785 lift 112 lobe. I m running cold fussion fogger with anular nossals, ngk -10 car weight 3500 w/3 speed. first time out it went 8.68 this is my tune lmk if this looks like its a good starting point i may need to pt more timing in 42nos 36 fuel motors runs a 40degrees i pulled 20 out with box thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is anyone else running close to this combo does my tune seem to be close I know I need to read plugs and go off of mph just wanted some others input thanks

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
You shouldnt need more than 30* total to fire that engine and do a clean burnout. Then pull (retard) your timing from there. The less the rotor has to swing the safer you will be....just saying.
are you sure your really pulling 20* in 1 shot? what box?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Not much information, but from the vague numbers on the cam, I would bet a dollar and a doughnut that the exh lobe is going to be too small for the combo. Odds are from the info listed, you could stand to lose some fuel and timing, but plug pics and more info would go a long way.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Im running a 3 stage retard box with 10degree in two sides the two stage wires are wired together. I will get pic next time i go out but the still looks a little fat to me i flowed it at 5 psi thanks for the input.montey where do u think a good starting point for timing is.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a 3 day race i started with 32 jets first tuned it then put 42 in converter is set up to leave on 5 or 6 hundred so it didnt start running good till i put the 42s in.

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
We have flowed quite a few CF kits and based on the norm we see, I'll bet your going to need some more jet spread to clean up ?? Also though remember as you lean tune watch timing. It will require more retard as you get some fuel out.. SJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts