Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have 408 mopar stud kit top and bottom 11.1 probes,h beams,4340 scat crank,240 cc intake runner comitic gaskets pg 3000 stall ptc verter 3.89 gears with -6 line ,big shot plate and rpm solenoids current tune is 6psi 85 n 82 fuel 26 degree timing car is 3550 lbs 26/10 slicks goes 1.6 60ft [email protected] [email protected] mph if i went down to 78 f what would i pick up and would this combo handle much more gas

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cam is 259/265 on a 109 lc 600 lift flat tappet

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
how do your plugs look?, that tune sounds way fat to me and timing is on the high side as well. Every combo is different but usually a fat tune will mask too much timing than an otherwise clean tune would tear your pistons apart. I ran a .82n .73f tune at 5.5 psi with 22degrees and that could have still used some cleanup of the plugs. Do a search on a bigshot plate on here you will find some usefull info on tuneups. Also go here http://www.holley.com/data/Products/Technical/A5061-1-SNOSrev.pdf those are some good baseline tunes that will get you in the ballpark and you can cleanup from there. I think that your car could handle more nitrous but take baby steps, get a handle on the tune you got now and work your way up.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
IS this a big block or small block?
You have a base line, i would take baby steps and watch the plugs
Lower your fuel jet .002 at a time, and take 1 or 2 degrees timing out at the same time.
You will see the mph pick up as you do this. Watch for "hot" cyl as you clean up the tune. Posiibly you will need to run a colder plug in thos holes or use ICT to run less timing in those holes. You will prob end up with a ten or more spread on the jets and prob about 4 - 6 less on the timing

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a small block i run the ngk plug r--- -10 plugs what gains have you guys picked up by cleaning up the tune

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what gains have you guys picked up by cleaning up the tune, and what fuel to run

1 - 6 of 6 Posts