Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why do most of the tubs on the Fox bodies I've seen don't go all the way over to the quarter panel? Does it have to do with a stock suspension rule?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I would think it has more to do with the paint on the car. If you do a full tub then the car has to be repainted. Besides 315s fit with just a mini tub even with very low ride heights. The lighter and better way of course would be to do the full tub.

·
Registered
713 Posts
no the ones that dont go to the quarters are mini tubs it makes it easier for the do it yourselfer to put them due to the fact that most people dont have the talent to trim them up nicely to the quarters and the full tubs allow you to lower the car more. wolfe offers them both ways

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,792 Posts
You can do full tubs with out killng the paint..you can leave a lip from the factory tubs to make it easier or you can use body panel adhesive

·
Registered
594 Posts
This isn't low by any means but here is a pic of mine. 29.5X10.5 tire
At around 180 they are pretty tall and close to rubbing.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
How low can you get one? Any Pics.
With or without stock wheel tubs? Mine sits low for having 100% factory tubs. I have another 3" I can drop it (from the tire to the top of the wheel tub), but only have 1" before the axle tubes hit the frame rails. It currently sits 23.5" from the ground to the top of the wheel well with a 26x8.5 slick.

·
25,123 Posts
That is how I am bringing the car out, Tony... I figure with the stick shift, keeping it that low will keep the front end a little lower when i drag the rear bumper ;)

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,792 Posts
That is how I am bringing the car out, Tony... I figure with the stick shift, keeping it that low will keep the front end a little lower when i drag the rear bumper ;)
Shit just attach some caster wheels to the bottom of the bumper with a slit so the wheels are just sticking out an i are good..rules say now bars most the time not now wheelie bumpers :)

·
25,123 Posts
would be interesting to have a bar offf the parachute mount with about 7 or 8 skateboard wheels on springs... would look like some sort of feed rollers like on a conveyor, but have them tucked under the bumper cover to save it from being destroyed :)

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,792 Posts
Rockin rob has one wheel on his chute bar..calls it a chute saver..wish i had pics..he was on it in dr when he did his big wheel stand in orlando. Some yrs ago..

·
Registered
594 Posts
The parachute mount I made out of some 3/8" rod. It's light and stable and can be used with or without the spring launcher.

The rearend is narrowed 5" because I didn't want to move the control arm box but I would go more next time so that wheel choices are greater. 12" wheel with 6 7/8" backspacing. As far as the front, all the bolt-ons. Nothin special.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts