Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any pics of their tube chassis car as to how they ran the fuel line from the trunk or back of the car to the front. maybe through the rocker panel area?

We are having a tough time of figuring out how to run it safely and cosmetically pleasing.

Any pics would help give us some ideas.

Thank you all

NB

·
Registered
449 Posts
I ran mine through the right rocker panel...ran along the wheel tub then across the front of the tub (attached to the top 4 link bar) to a bulkhead fitting at the rocker.Then another hose through the rocker that exit's through a grommet just before the front fender.Then continues along one of the tubes near the strut to the front of the motor plate.I am now in the process of changing to a front mount cell for a large inch 18*sbc...I should have mounted it up front in the place when i built the car.Wish i had pics for you but don't.Good luck, hope i painted a pic for you,Grant
PS: If you use a rear cell use a -10 hose to the front

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.. I am using -10 to the front of the car and a -8 return line.. and what you have mentioned is what I am intending on doing. but still not clear on where you ran the line when you said along the tub.. or across the tub.
A picture sure would go a long way here. I know you said you didn't have any.
Does anybody else have something similar they can show me?

My tubs are huge and there's not a lot of room over top of them even to run the fuel line.. and I think that's where a big part of this problem is.

looking for more responses and a few pics..

thanks
NB

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I run my fuel lines inside the tub along the pittsburg seam area. I didn't want to run the lines across the tub in case a tire failed or threw something up that could damage the lines. The tub at the seam seemed the safest way and after 20 yrs of running them there in several cars I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
784 Posts
It's tough on a chassis car. My builder built the car with access to go "thru" the chassis. A -10 line will fit. I have a feed on one side and a return on the other. Works really slick. Inside the trunk there is the same type of access.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
The Red Victor Thread and Andy
Todays update is yesterdays. I was too tired to post the pics as they took a while to upload to photobucket.
Jon was working all day on the car "just" to do these holes in the chassis. Of course you can't just put a hole in the tube as it weakens it sustantially. What you have to do is in the pictures. Very time consuming indeed...
These are all for running wires,cables and brake pipes through. We can have no holes in the firewall or rear bulkhead so this is the way that this is done.
I'll leave you to figure out which hole is for what cable/wire/pipe...

Finally we need bump buttons for setting the valve lash. These basically "bump" the starter so it turns the engine to where we need it to be. With the valve springs used it's almost imposible to turn the engine over with a bar and socket.
These are obviously in a convenient position whilst one of the crew guys does the lash.

More later...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run my fuel lines inside the tub along the pittsburg seam area. I didn't want to run the lines across the tub in case a tire failed or threw something up that could damage the lines. The tub at the seam seemed the safest way and after 20 yrs of running them there in several cars I've never had a problem.
You run the fuel line "inside " the tub along the seam ? I didn't think that was legal? Maybe I'm wrong?? I wouldn't have thought you could run anything inside the tub at all for fear of a tire letting go and taking some of that line with it??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I REALLY like the idea of running the line through the frame.
I am gonna take a close look at seeing what I can do at this point to make that happen.

Thanks for the info and the pics guys.
I appreciate it

NB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts