Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost, I would like to thank Mike Braasch, Todd Braasch, and the entire crew (Vince, Nick, and Jose) of TRZ Motorsports. I believe they have went above and beyond the call of duty when it came to helping me with my 2001 Camaro. It started out as a mild street car with a naturally aspirated 346 LS1/4L60e combo that has been the best of [email protected] @3300 pounds. I was in need of advice and support because the car had stock front suspension and some mild street oriented rear suspension. After speaking with Mike and Todd we decided on Racecraft front suspension with rod ends, a manual rack, TRZ lightweight steering column, Afcos all the way around, Strange brakes all the way around, TRZ antiroll bar (neatest piece in the world), TRZ double adjustable lower control arms, TRZ lower control arm brackets, TRZ moly subframes, a TRZ 10 point moly cage (plus several bars), TRZ nitrous bracket, a Kirkey seat, Racecraft brackets, and a Spaghetti Menders (Thanks Bob) wiring harness with a nitrous controller. Before leaving the shop on Thursday we weighed the car an it came in at 2625 without me and it still had a lot of the stock wiring harness in the car. I believe it should weigh in at 2900 by the time I sit my Five Guys Hamburger eaten ass in the car, install random interior pieces, and fill it up with gas. I still have some stuff to finish including making the stock EFI harness nice, run the wires to the Spaghetti Menders stuff, and work out any bugs. However, here are some progress pictures, and I'm excited to be posting on the Bullet. In the end, I extend my gratitude to TRZ Motorsports.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats frikin awesome! I can't wait to start putting mine on a diet.
I'm glad I put mine on a diet, this little motor needs all the help it can get lol.

Great lookin ride...let us know how it works out. :cool:
Thanks, I hope to make a pass within the next couple of week an I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's in the game plan for the future but I don't know how soon. I think I'm done with weight reduction for now until I race the car and see how it performs. I have some weight reduction stuff in the back of my mind like a speedglass front windshield, cutting out the t-top well, and putting a smaller radiator in so I can gut the core support.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up getting some results last night at the local 1/8th mile track! At the end of the night the car ended up going [email protected] on motor. No adjustments were needed at the track and the car kept going faster the higher I stalled it. Thanks to the entire TRZ crew for coming out last night and supporting me. Here's some video!

http://www.youtube.com/user/turbostangjon#p/u/3/QIdFSPFH1DI

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm still excited about how well this car performed! To pick up over .35 in the 1/8th and 6mph with NO extra power is awesome! Now lets put the bottle to it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts