Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got pass side upper and lower arms on today.drivers side still together with stock stuff.pass side wheel is now at least 1/2" farther forward .is this normal?

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
How do you know where your caster is?? And did you check wheel base before you put them on? How did you come up with this measurment? I am only saying this because I am sure these arms have more caster built into them and you cannot compare one side to another without having before measurments..Were the old arms like new??

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only did one side so far,but im sitten here lookin at it on the lift from across the shop (like ive been for the last 3 months) and it looks different.so i measured from the back tires and sure enough its 1/2" forward.no big deal if the other side comes out the same.just curious.

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
what if frame is twisted or rear is not centered? I would not worry till both sides are done. I just did the complete TRZ on Dads 69 camaro turned out GREAT. Just food for thought I have seen a few race cars where wheel base differs from side to side after years of abuse

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not worried,ill mess with the other side another day,those moroso springs were a bitch.i actually took a pic ystrdy of that same front corner cause my buddy just got his black alumastars and i tried em on and the pic shows it centered in the fender opening
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah ,i can see from under the car it looks like they move the lower ball joint forward to get it.its all good.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
The lower ball joint is moved forward a little bit, and the upper ball joint is moved rearward a little bit to gain the caster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts