Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some pictures of the TRZ antiroll bar / Panhard bar combo for 3rd gens. i seen the ones on there site but looking for some more pictures.

thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i just need pictures to see how far it clears the back of the housing. I had a guy put a back brace on my 9in and the brace sticks out past the top of the housing about 1'' and i want to make sue the bar will clear

·
FFW crew
2,759 Posts
I would certainly think it would. The arb is back behind the housing a few inches and the you have the links that connect to the tabs on the housing.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Depending on the back brace, sometimes you'll need the links to be male/female rodends instead of the LH/RH with adjusters. Then the links will mount to the underside of the brace, as opposed to the back of the housing. This doesnt happen with all braces though.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
On TRZ's F-body ARB, the location of the ARB is nowhere near the lower control arms so you should be able to run them together.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah its hard to say, its a home made piece. I dont want to order it and then have to cut the back brace or send it back and find another option.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
How much room do you have between the panhard bar and the backbrace?

·
Registered
525 Posts
On TRZ's F-body ARB, the location of the ARB is nowhere near the lower control arms so you should be able to run them together.
Not sure if this post was for me but I dont have lower control arms I have the weld on Southside bars kinda like a non-adjustable ladder bar.I dont think mounting the ARB is going to be an issue I was concerned about it actually working correctly because of the SS bars.This is the only pic I have Ill try to get one of the rear in the car.

·
FFW crew
2,759 Posts
why not get rid of those bars and get some burkhart adjustable bars instead. Then get some lcarb to. I dont get the point of non adjustable weld on bars???? oh well.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
why not get rid of those bars and get some burkhart adjustable bars instead. Then get some lcarb to. I dont get the point of non adjustable weld on bars???? oh well.....
Its a low budget car and they have been on the car since around 1993.The car has run a lot faster than its going to now so Im going to try them. It has a torque arm mount that I can use but I have to fab a torque arm. If the bars dont work Ill change back to a t/a and lca's. I figure since the TRZ setup is bot in I can keep it even if I switch.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
do you even need to run a ARB, if the LCA are fixed welded to the housing? What is there, a 50" between the front mount of the LCA. You are using the whole housing to tiwst fr any body roll, or a weld to break.

·
Registered
525 Posts
do you even need to run a ARB, if the LCA are fixed welded to the housing? What is there, a 50" between the front mount of the LCA. You are using the whole housing to tiwst fr any body roll, or a weld to break.
Thats why I was asking about the ARB even working,the car has always left straight even on low 9 sec passes.The cars only going to be a mid to low 10 sec car.I think Ill save my $$$ for something else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts