Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you guys from northern california know me. Ive got a speed and custom shop in Antioch Ca. I have a neighbor who has fallen on hard times. 8 weeks ago he was hospitalized due to a bacteria infection in his heart. He was rushed to UCSF where they performed life saving heart surgery. After surviving that he suffered 6 strokes, his kidneys were failing and his lung collapsed. The doctors urged his wife to start pulling him off machines at one point- Said he was brain dead and it was all over. Well he has pulled thru- his brain is healing and he was back at home last week and talking believe it or not. As you can imagine he is permanently disabled now.

Last week he asked me to take a look at his van that just left a repair shop. Its a 97 pontiac transport with 280K on the clock. Its got intermittent electrical problems and most recently shut off on his wife on the freeway with their kids in the car (loss of power steering ect). Moral to the story they need another car- this one is a lost cause. I drag my flat bed home and put his van on the trailer. That night Im woke up by an ambulance next door carting him back to the hospital at 130am. The familys only car is broke down on my trailer and the ambulance isnt allowed to bring them to the hospital. We put a new battery, sanded all the contacts, battery cables, swapped the ignition coil and its still cutting out. I reached out to my freinds and customers and One stepped up with a 2006 ford freestyle with 80K miles for $2500. So far people have donated just over $1000 to help this family out. I know the yellow bullet family has done some nice things for people in need in the past and Im asking for your help. You can donate thru paypal to [email protected] or send a check to the shop

Scotts Speed and Custom
511 Wilbur Ave Unit A4
Antioch, Ca 94509

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for the bumps guys. I know its a odd request from someone who doesnt post here very much but this is a legit deal. Hopefully some people on here can vouch for me. I sponsored a class in WCHRA a few years back and have helped out a bunch of regulars on here.

Imagine going thru all that, losing your job, mobility- Not knowing how you are going to provide for your family, and after two months you come home to car problems. Cant get your kids to school, your wife cant get to work. Shit your own family has to find a ride to come see you in the hospital! Even if its $5 or $10 you will feel good about yourself and you dont even have to dump ice water on your head :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help to all who donated- We were able to pick up the car and i plan on dropping it off tomorrow after we dial in a few things. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts