Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well what i got is a 400inch sbc brodix 13 degree head on it 284.306 at 50 15.1 compression and it idles like shit and wants to die in gear cause of the tight nos converter doesn't even like to idle unless the screws are tunned out like 2.5 turns, anyone got ideas on whats going on here would be nice any other info you need ill add just ask 3250 car also.

could it need a diff air bleed

also the carb is an older phillip brucher off jegs pro stock truck so it was never ment for single carb, i guess but I wanna make it work cause its what i got.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had to drill 1/8th inch holes in the throttle blades on my 4500 to get it to idle. Screwing the idles in that far may not be the best fix. Mine is a 14:1 385ci sbf.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there screwed out not in i no there not normaly out that far just thats what it likes id rather have them more like 1 turn throttle blades are not opened up more then normal just acts like it wants to be rich
and i rather have it a bit lean to keep plugs clean

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is your 4500 a 2-circuit or 3?

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you do not use a trans brake try removing the intermid air bleeds to lean out that circuit

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
A little info would help, what model #, main intermediate and idle air bleed sizes, stock or billet blocks, # of e-holes and sizes, power valves or not.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Im gonna say Idle feed restrictor is too small for a single carb setup cuz it was leaned out to work with two carbs feeding idle . You may be able to make it work if you go down in size on your Idle air bleed to force the circuit to work more but you may get a off idle stumble just doing this. Best bet would be to check the IFR size. Pin gauge or a numbered drill set to determine size.
Not sure on a Dom but larger 4150 style carbs like between .031-.038 IFRs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts