Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
T/S 368E
30,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have an old wrench I use at work and want to buy more and can't find it any where :(
Does anyone know if these are still around and where??

Double open end, with 1/2-7/16 on one end, and 3/8-5/16 on the other.
It is the perfect wrench for what I do.

I found other speed wrench's, but not with the 4 sizes in one :(

Appreciate any help, thanks Guys!!

robo wrench by J L, on Flickr

·
Registered
14,344 Posts

I have an old wrench I use at work and want to buy more and can't find it any where :(
Does anyone know if these are still around and where??

Double open end, with 1/2-7/16 on one end, and 3/8-5/16 on the other.
It is the perfect wrench for what I do.

I found other speed wrench's, but not with the 4 sizes in one :(

Appreciate any help, thanks Guys!!

robo wrench by J L, on Flickr
A bit hard to tell from your pic, but is the open end on these the same? I got mine from Sears years ago. Assuming they're still available the set ranges from 5/16 to 5/8.

·
T/S 368E
30,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Those are speed wrenches, and still out there from a couple of places.
The one I want is a double open and double sized each end.
It's a perfect wrench, and if I was more intelligent, I would have bought 10 of them back in the day.

I'm trying to save the space & weight of carrying 4 wrench's when I climb, so I really need this exact wrench.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts

It's a perfect wrench, and if I was more intelligent, I would have bought 10 of them back in the day.

I'm trying to save the space & weight of carrying 4 wrench's when I climb, so I really need this exact wrench.

OK, gotcha. Your pic is a bit blurry on my end, and I was going by part of your title.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
A bit hard to tell from your pic, but is the open end on these the same? I got mine from Sears years ago. Assuming they're still available the set ranges from 5/16 to 5/8.

Look how pretty and unsused those are.

Almost like you just too 'em out of the package...

·
T/S 368E
30,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

They aren't very strong, so they would not get a lot of use.
They are only for places you need a ratchet, but can't use a box end, like climbing telephone poles!!

·
T/S 368E
30,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought them so some douche bag on YB would have something to make a dumbass comment about. I guess it worked. :rolleyes: LMAO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
interesting, I never seen a dbl open end wrench.
If you can't find them I wonder if you could have a 7/16-5/16 open end wrench modified to match the opening on your dbl wrench w/ an end mill in a mill?

·
T/S 368E
30,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I've done that before with big wrench's, but I actually need all 4 sizes, so this is the perfect wrench.
Different equipment I hang on the pole uses all 4 of these sizes, and sometimes you never know what the guy before you used, so you need to carry all 4 :(

I was hoping who ever made robo wrench was still around, I searched all morning and couldn't find jack except robo grib stuff.

Hell I even checked ebay & amazon for used or complete sets.
I would like to have one in every truck in case I forget to grab it when I switch vehicles.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts

Have you ever been to the GarageJournal forum? Helluva lot of tools in their classifieds, although it's been a while since I've been on it. Anyway, maybe a great place to ask those guys for some help finding those wrenches. I think it's worth a look. https://www.garagejournal.com/

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts

Remembering that you're a pole climber............................that's the ONLY place I could see these wrenches working!...
Reducing your load weight, makes perfect sense!...

Curious though............................don't you run into rusted/corroded fasteners up there?...
Wouldn't these have a propensity to round them off?... :smt102

1 - 20 of 37 Posts