Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has never 60 ft very fast, or lauched hard since I front halved the car.
So I'm going to try a few different adjustments.

The car weighs 2990 with me in it. I have no corner weights and no access to scales. The car is close to 50/50 front to back, with the engine setback about 9-10 inches.
At our track, the car will not pick the front end up at all (no weight transfer), but doesn't spin either -big tire helps I guess. So I figure that moving the ladderbar and resetting the spring preload is in order at the back of the car.

What is a good starting point for spring preload? The spring was set at 7 1/2" 10"free spring 125lb spring

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
My best bet on what you have going on is to low of a CG for ladders bars to be able to transfer any weight.. and what kind of suspension did you put back on the front, and how much extension travel do you have?

I take it the car is the one in your avatar?

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's the car in my Avatar

I wouldn't doubt that the CG is too low. One thing I wish I would have done is to have put a 4 link in at the same time I cut the car.

The front is an Art Morrison strut. There is very little front end travel. I beleive it's only 4 inches total. There is a 1 1/4" bumper in there too.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Can you raise the motor in the chassis some?

And I would raise the back of the car up a little

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Floor and firewall won't allow engine to come up any.

How much rear height might you suggest?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
If the tire does not spin the 60' will stay the same, it sounds lazy, the ladder bar is not the place to look.

The Car just reacts different than before, but if its hooked, its hooked. The strut front end has very little stored energy and is made for High HP Cars your sounds like not enough power to make the car work.

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input thus far

It does feal lazy compared to other cars I've been in, but instead of adding more ponies, I'd be better to redo the rear frame to a 4-link. The car is an 8.50 cert, and I'm not going to change that. I would likely run an 8.5 - 8.6 at Mission raceway currently.

Sould I add more gear and spin the engine up?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I try to run most engines 500 rpm past peak going past the lights, for setting rear gear, it could be a converter too, raising stall, on the line lower 1st if its a glide

1 - 8 of 8 Posts