Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys im new to this form, and also to Nitrous, any input will be appreciated. The other week I had an empty nitrous bottle in my trunk, hooked up to the supply line, and blow off line. I was at the parts store, i open the trunk to put something in the trunk, closed the trunk, and less than 5 mins later, as i was driving, i smelt something burning, the car filled with smoke, open the trunk, the carpet was on fire. It brunt 2 holes right around where the supply and blow-off line go through the carpet. Thank god i have a fire extinsure. I dont understand, the only places where the carpet was brunt though, was around those 2 lines. How the hell did this happen? The only shady thing is, I had the trunk open while i was looking under the hood, part of me thinks someone through a match or something, but i didnt see anything like that. And if it helps, it was hot that day, but the bottle was EMPTY. Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the nitrous supply line or the blowdown tube were touching an electrical power source, maybe rubbed through a positive wire somewhere.
I'm using a -8 braided line as my blow down, i have extra line. I Nitrous line is run outside the car, and the blow down, is drilled straight down going to outside of the car. So you think I have a short positive wire some where, and it grounded againest the braided line? Thanks

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
I bet one of your lines came in contact with a hot terminal somewhere and brought +12 volts to the back and shorted to the floor where you have the lines going through. You need a LOT of heat, or a flame, to start a fire.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet one of your lines came in contact with a hot terminal somewhere and brought +12 volts to the back and shorted to the floor where you have the lines going through. You need a LOT of heat, or a flame, to start a fire.
Thanks, guys, i have the lines going through rubber gromments, i have to check all of my wiring by my lines.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
If you have a bottle heater on your bottle where does its power come from? No matter what, you sould have a fuse on it, as close to the power source as possible.

Don't see how you could have had a fire if your lines are going through rubber grommets. Maybe someone did toss a match or cigarette butt inside your open trunk.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I dont have a bottle heater. Where the fire was, it was no where near any 12 volt sources, Thanks

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
the wire also could be being used as a ground, that happened once to me. try a better motor to chasiss ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts