Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have u-haul or budget rental trucks as an add on to your regular shop business? I have the room and was contacted by budget and would like to here some first hand experiences.Is it a money maker or a pain in the ass to handle?thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea what hassles?maintenance or paperwork?Do you know how and what he gets paid?sorry for all the questions just always lookin for that bigger better deal.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Any idea what hassles?maintenance or paperwork?Do you know how and what he gets paid?sorry for all the questions just always lookin for that bigger better deal.
All of the above.
He refuses to do the maintenance on them anymore. Uhaul does not pay. (in this area)

I dont remember the pay for sure, I think it's like $23.00 for processing/paperwork per unit in & out.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I dont remember how much I made per unit....but I do remember I put them in a shop I had 15 years ago..after 4 months told em to come and get them....pain in the ass

·
Registered
563 Posts
I used to run a truck location for Budget and worked for the company for 6 years. It's a pain in the ass and the pricing used to be insane. I'm sure it's different now since that was before Cendant bought Avis and Budget.

·
Registered
986 Posts
We used to run U-haul out of one of our shops. Complete PITA not worth the time or effort. kicked em to the curb after only about a year.

Craig

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,173 Posts
i would imagine not only the paper work is a hassle , but what about the guy renting the unit , some of them are complete idiots . i had several guys come here with uhuals to pick up there jobs and the way they talk and act i wouldnt even rent them bicycles . to me it would seem like a waste of time and money to run one as an add on ..... now if it was your main business and did heavy volume then maybe it would be worth it

·
Registered
205 Posts
Had Ryder at one of our equip. rental locations. Not worth it! Assholes dropping trucks off in the way after hours without keys, leaving garbage in the trucks, too much paperwork, etc. Not much money in it unless you do alot and I mean ALOT of rentals.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input.Ill stick to what i know for now!Im buying a building with a 100x50 paved fenced lot and was thinking of a way to use it constructively.maybe ill advertise for a towing co. or similar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have Penske trucks at my business now, and it is a huge waste of time. We only started doing it because we used to havoe our own rental trucks, and got out of that business.

Take everyones advice and stay away!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts