Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
AVAST
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never been in any traffic incident nor had a ticket so new to this. But today going to work I passed a man and he weaves over and side swiped my truck. We pull over he blames me I blame him, he doesn't want to pay for my damage or give me I'd. Cops wouldn't write a report because neither side would admit fault. He barely spoke English and just said he'd get his car fixed in Mexico. I have all his insurance and personal info and he threw all mine I have him back at me and left. How do I go about claiming this with no witnesses and basically he said she said. I assume maybe he assumes guilt by not taking my info and leaving while I have all his?

·
Registered
26,974 Posts
Looks like you are on your own.

·
Registered
13,344 Posts
I don't understand that the cops wouldn't write a report without either admitting fault. Couldn't they just write what they saw damage wise and collect each others information?

Does sound like you will be on your own. Your insurance will determine liability and either go after his insurance company for the money or not.

Is there a lot of damage? Post some pictures.

·
M0DERAT0R
17,630 Posts
What he said, was there not enough evidence (damage and where the accident ACTUALLY occurred) for the LEO to make a decision?
Turn it in to your insurance company and let them handle it.

·
AVAST
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post pics tomorrow, not a lot of damage but would need maybe a new door and lower cab corner. The police out here never write reports. I was filming my friends going through a back road in his new m3 and a 17 year old kid in a new z lane crosses and head ons him. Cops didn't even write one then because they said no injuries yet there's a totaled new m3 and 350z

·
Registered
15,025 Posts
Fucker is probably illegal and he has more rights than you under the 2 racist criminals, obama and holder.

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
When I was on the job we would write up an incident report and based on our observation we would write out what the damage was and if no fault was admitted we would write out what we thought would be the cause.

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
I'll post pics tomorrow, not a lot of damage but would need maybe a new door and lower cab corner. The police out here never write reports. I was filming my friends going through a back road in his new m3 and a 17 year old kid in a new z lane crosses and head ons him. Cops didn't even write one then because they said no injuries yet there's a totaled new m3 and 350z
Something's off here, 2 totaled cars on a public road and no report?

·
Registered
26,974 Posts
No Fault state ?

·
rodent aviator
7,045 Posts
This is why I pay an additional $25 for uninsured motorist coverage on my vehicles. Too many illegals out there and I'm not willing to risk being exposed to their negligence. Anything happens, no matter who's fault, I call my agent and they handle it.

Remember, use the KISS method.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
File on his INS. His actions speak volumes. The cops are IDIOTS and should be fired.

·
rodent aviator
7,045 Posts
I keep hearing about how the cop's hands are tied when it comes to dealing with illegals. Perhaps the cop recognized that the other driver was an 'undocumented alien' and washed his hands of the matter rather than deal with headaches back at the precinct.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Hope everything comes out alright for you. Glad I dont live in El Paso to deal with this shit, because this is exactly how accidents happen there. City police and BP/Customs dont get along anyways.

·
Registered
20,220 Posts
wait until all the young illegals start driving, only gets worse
just give all his info to your ins co, let them deal with his-with him not calling his ins co it will look bad on him-hell, his ins. prob isn't current anyway

·
AVAST
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's the damage. Put the call in today to my ins. Should I also call his and inform them or sit back and let my insurance company handle it? And yep guy kept telling me to speak Spanish and well just go to Mexicali to get them fixed. Funniest thing was the guy said I tried to run because I used the off ramp. After he hit me I got into the slow lane and signaled him to follow me. Got off on the next off ramp (less than a mile) and pulled into a gas station. I told him " here in America we use common sense, I'm not risking my life over this that's why I had you follow me 3/4 mile to a gas station. His words "no no no u try and run, I no fix ur truck u come Mexicali my brother fix" I said no. Once again in America that's what registration and insurance is for.

·
YB Liar and Chief
29,163 Posts
Call his insurances 800 number and start the claim. They will take all your information and contact him for a formal yeah or nay. I'd say they fix it once you give them the info.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts